Salted Chocolate Walnut Toffee Bars – Variations of this type of Salted Chocolate Walnut Toffee Bars have been rotating through holiday kitchens for ages. I enjoy seeing the way each baker expresses themselves in his or her own version. For me, I recommend that you stir toffee bits into the crust as well as sprinkling on top for a true toffee fix.
For the chocolate topping, use mini chocolate chips they melt much more quickly and evenly. Also, I think taking the time to toast the walnuts lends a flavor to the nuts that is well worth the small amount of effort that it takes. The flavor is much more intensified. The sweet and salty fans love the addition of coarse sea salt on top, making these cookie bars a year-round favorite.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Salted Chocolate Walnut Toffee Bars
- 1 cup [2 sticks] butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 [11.5] oz package mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts toasted
- 1 cup chocolate covered toffee bits divided
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and salt. Add to the creamed butter mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top.
- Set for 5 minutes until melted, then spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and the remaining chocolate covered toffee bits.
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt amount to your taste.
- Cool completely then cut into squares.