This glorious Slow Cooked Pineapple Brown Sugar Glazed Ham is a must-have on your holiday table. It begins with a spiral ham glazed with pineapple, brown sugar, mustard and a hint of spice to balance the sweetness. Pour apple cider over the ham, then brush it liberally with the sweet and sticky glaze and let the slow cooker do the rest. It not only frees the oven space on a busy cooking day but, it also does a fabulous job of not drying out the ham. Make plenty of homemade no knead yeast rolls for the ham roll snacking that’s sure to happen later in the day.
When I was a girl, I always thought of baked ham as a “special” meal. Both of my Grandpa’s had a good bit of land and while one focused his efforts more on gardening, the other raised livestock as well. On his farm was an old fashioned smokehouse where he smoked his very own Virginia hams from livestock he himself had raised. I actually thought this was normal, and only as an adult realized the treasure that was hanging in that smokehouse and how fortunate we were to regularly enjoy such deliciousness.
Slow Cooking Ham Is A Terrific Option
These days with life as busy as can be, it’s nice to have an alternative to an oven method when making a special occasion ham. This ham turns out beautifully and has become my favorite way to make a spiral ham that’s already fully cooked but, needs glazing and gentle warming. Serve this beauty for a special occasion or any time you need a gorgeous centerpiece for your meal.
Got leftover ham? Transform it into Southern Ham Salad for sandwiches or cozy up to a bowl of Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup. My Iron Skillet Ham and Cheddar Cornbread is delicious with a bowl of beans and these single serving Broccoli Ham and Cheese Muffin Cups or Ham and Cheese Waffles are simple but, delicious.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- Onion/Vegetable Chopper
- Serving Set
- Insulated Slow Cooker Travel Case and Carrier
Slow Cooked Pineapple Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- 1 6-8-lb fully cooked spiral ham
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice divided
- 1/4 cup Dijon or brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp allspice or 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat cook together the preserves, brown sugar, 1/2 cup apple cider, Dijon and allspice. Bring to a boil then cook for 3 minutes or until the sugar has melted.
- Spray the inside of a 6 quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the spiral ham in the slow cooker on it's side. (Make sure the ham you purchase fits into your slow cooker with the lid on)
- Pour the remaining apple cider over the ham. Brush liberally with glaze between each slice and on the exterior. reserving about 1/4 cup to brush on at the end.
- Turn the ham cut side down after glazing.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until it reaches 140°F internal temperature. (Adjust the time based on the size of the ham)
- Remove to a platter and brush with remaining glaze or to a baking pan to broil in the oven to char the glaze, if desired.