These mini two-bite Ham and Cheese Puffs will be devoured whether they're served as an appetizer, for brunch or casual game day snacking.
Easy Ham and Cheese Puffs Recipe
Snack food like these puffs are ideal for a host of events. Everything from movie night with the family to holiday breakfasts and tea parties with friends . Sweet corn and crab puffs are another example of a bite-size goodie to make year-round. A variety of small bites can be made in mini muffin pans, so they're worth the investment.
How to Make the Best Ham and Cheese Puffs Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make easy Ham and Cheese Puffs: Chopped cooked ham, baking mix i.e. Bisquick, Creole or Cajun seasoning, onion powder, granulated garlic, ground mustard, large eggs, buttermilk, shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese, melted butter and chopped green onions.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: Mixing bowls, a cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk to sift the dry ingredient together, two 24 cup mini muffin pans and a sharp knife and cutting board.
- The dough for these ham puffs is made using baking mix. Baking mixes such as Bisquick, already have salt and leavening in the mix so please note that this can't be used interchangeably with all purpose flour.
- You can adapt the cheese using any variety that you enjoy in the same amount.
- If you'd like to add a little kick, along with the Creole seasoning add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
- I recommend that you serve these ham and cheese puffs with sweet hot mustard for dipping. Otherwise, Creole mustard or honey mustard both work well, or a variety of mustards to suit everyone's taste.
- A small scoop makes dividing the dough a cinch. You could also use a tablespoon to drop the dough into the wells of the muffin pan. Try to divide evenly so the puffs will be uniform in size.
- These puffs can be baked and cooled then packaged and frozen. Reheat them from frozen in a preheated 350°F oven just until heated through.
- Store Ham and Cheese Puffs chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a sheet pan in the oven or a few at a time in the microwave for snacking.
More Southern Style Recipes to Make in a Mini Muffin Pan
Two bite appetizers and desserts are always the pick of the party. They give you the opportunity to taste several variations without committing to only one. More mini muffin pan recipes to make:
- These Parmesan Crusted Crab Bites are an elegant two bite appetizer.
- Pecan Pie Mini Muffins can be enjoyed from brunch and tea parties to dessert.
- Meltaway Brownie Blossoms are crowned with a chocolate kiss in the middle.
- Italian Meatball Bites are stuffed with a single meatball and mozzarella cheese.
- These Banana Choco Mini Muffins are the perfect bite size use for overripe bananas.
- When zucchini comes in with a vengeance whip up a batch of Cheesy Zucchini Bites.
- German Chocolate Tartlets use a shortcut hack that allows them to come together with ease.
- Add these Santa Hat Brownies to your holiday baking plans.
- Mini Fruit Tarts from Wilton.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham and Cheese Puffs
- 2 ¼ cups biscuit mix (i.e. Bisquick)
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups finely cubed or chopped ham can be leftover baked ham or deli ham
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 4 medium green onions chopped
- ½ cup buttermilk or heavy cream
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- sweet hot mustard, Creole mustard or honey mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spritz 2  cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to sift together biscuit mix, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and dry mustard.
- Add ham, 2 cups shredded cheese and onion. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, butter and eggs. Add to mixing bowl, and mix until moistened.
- Divide the puff dough evenly between the muffin cups using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve immediately with sweet hot mustard, Creole mustard or honey mustard for dipping.