These mini two-bite Ham and Cheese Puffs will be devoured whether they're served as an appetizer, for brunch or casual game day snacks.
Two Bite Ham and Cheese Puffs
Snack food like these puffs are ideal for a host of events. Everything from movie night with the family to holiday breakfasts and tea parties with friends . Sweet corn and crab puffs are another example of a bite-size goodie to make year-round. A variety of small bites can be made in mini muffin pans, so they're worth the investment.
Helpful Tips for Making Ham and Cheese Puffs
- The dough for these puffs is made using biscuit mix. This can't be used interchangeably with all purpose flour.
- You can adapt with a different flavor of cheese for the dough using the same amount.
- If you'd like to add a little kick, along with the Creole seasoning add a pinch or two of cayenne.
- I recommend that you serve these ham and cheese puffs with sweet hot mustard for dipping. Otherwise, Creole mustard or honey mustard or, a variety of mustards to suit everyone's taste.
- A small scoop makes dividing the dough a cinch. You could also use a tablespoon to drop the dough into the wells of the muffin pan. Try to divide evenly so the puffs will be uniform in size.
- These puffs can be baked, cooled then packaged and frozen. Reheat in a 350°F oven just until heated through.
Other Recipes to Make in a Mini Muffin Pan
- Parmesan Crusted Crab Bites
- Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- Meltaway Brownie Blossoms
- German Chocolate Tartlets
- Mini Fruit Tarts from Wilton
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham and Cheese Puffs
- 2 ¼ cups biscuit mix (i.e. Bisquick)
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups finely cubed or chopped ham can be leftover baked ham or deli ham
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 4 medium green onions chopped
- ½ cup buttermilk or heavy cream
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- sweet hot mustard, Creole mustard or honey mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spritz 2  cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to sift together biscuit mix, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and dry mustard.
- Add ham, 2 cups shredded cheese and onion. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, butter and eggs. Add to mixing bowl, and mix until moistened.
- Divide the puff dough evenly between the muffin cups using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve immediately with sweet hot mustard, Creole mustard or honey mustard for dipping.