This smothered Slow Cooked Roast with Creamy Mushroom Gravy is comfort food personified. Seasoned to perfection a chuck roast is braised in a slow cooker until the meat is succulent and fall apart tender. I like to add fresh baby carrots and sweet pearl onions to round out the flavor palate with little fuss. After letting the roast simmer all day long supper will be ready when you are and the house smells spectacular, too.
Slow Cooked Roast with Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Slow Cooked Roast with Mushroom Gravy is Comfort Food
Using your slow cooker to make inexpensive cuts of meat like chuck roasts, puts the magic in the flavor and gives it the most tender texture. Slow cooking allows you to turn many cheaper cuts of meat into fall apart deliciousness. I make several variations of slow cooked roasts these days but, this one tops my list and it's super simple. We enjoy this meal with mashed potatoes but if you prefer, chunks of potatoes can also be added to the slow cooker along with the pearl onions and carrots transforming it into a comforting one pot meal. Another roast recipe you may like to try is this Crockpot Cajun Beef Roast, from The Southern Lady Cooks.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Slow Cooked Roast With Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 4 lb Chuck Roast
- 3 tablespoon steak seasoning or beef seasoning [i.e Meat Magic or Chicago Steak] [i.e Chicago steak or Meat Magic]
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 18.5 oz can French onion soup (Progresso) or beef broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 lb carrots peeled, cut into quarters or peeled baby carrots. whole
- 8 oz frozen pearl onions
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Pat dry the roast, then season the roast on all sides with steak seasoning.
- On the stove top, heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Brown the roast on every side in the hot oil, turning as needed.
- Remove the roast to your slow cooker. Add the chopped garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Add the soup the French Onion soup into the saute pan to deglaze the pan.
- Pour the warm soup and garlic over the roast.
- Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce over the roast, and arrange the carrots around the edge of the slow cooker. Season everything with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Set your slow cooker to cook for 8-10 hours on the low setting.
- Add the frozen pearl onions approximately 2 hours, before the roast is done so, they won't overcook.
- When the roast has finished cooking, and is pull apart tender, pour the liquid from the roast into a stove top sauce pan.
- Bring the drippings to a boil and add the cream of mushroom soup. Whisk the soup into the drippings, and simmer for around 5-7 minutes on low heat until the gravy turns a medium brown color and thickens.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Slice the roast and arrange it on a serving platter with the vegetables.
- Drizzle the gravy on top and serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 654kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 963mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 9519IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg