Easy Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes Recipe
How to Make the Best Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
These delectable Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes will compliment most any entrée that goes well with potatoes as a side kick. When paired with dishes like oven barbecue chicken breasts and grilled chili rubbed skirt steak it will turn your meal into a homemade feast for your family and friends to enjoy.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes: One 30 ounce package of frozen hash brown potatoes thawed, one can cream of potato soup, one can cream of celery soup, melted butter, sour cream, chicken broth, one 0.4 oz package of Hidden Valley dry Ranch dressing mix, garlic salt, black pepper, shredded colby jack cheese, diced onion and sliced green onion or garnishing.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A 6 quart or similar size slow cooker, mixing bowl, whisk, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater, large silicone spatula.
- The hash brown potatoes used in this recipe should be thawed prior to mixing with the remaining ingredients.
- You can use a smaller slow cooker for this recipe but please note it may take longer to cook so adjust accordingly.
- You can use another flavor of cheese in the same amount to suit your taste.
- You can fully assemble these Cheesy Ranch Potatoes one day in advance, then cover and chill. This is assuming you have a removable crock that can be stored separately from the heating element portion. When doing so allow it time (20 minutes or so) on the counter for the crock to warm before heating it in the slow cooker. Reference your appliances manufacturer’s recommendation regarding best safety practices specific to the appliance you’ll be using.
- Store leftover Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers in single serving portions in the microwave.
More Southern Slow Cooker Recipes to Make
Slow cookers have dinner simmering while you go about your day. It doesn’t get any better than that. Other crockpot and slow cooker recipes to try:
- Comfort filled Slow Cooked Roast with Creamy Mushroom Gravy.
- Slow Cooked Triple Meat Lasagna is an Italian feast.
- For the holidays Slow Cooked Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham.
- Slow Cooked Cheesy Salsa Chicken for fiesta night at home.
- Crockpot Chicken and Dressing Casserole is a family friendly feast.
- Honey Garlic Slow Cooked Meatballs from The Chunky Chef.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of potato soup
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 0.4 oz package dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix i.e. Hidden Valley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt OR seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 30 oz package frozen hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 4 thinly sliced green onion for garnishing
- Spray the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, cream of potato soup, cream of celery soup, sour cream, chicken broth, ranch dressing mix, garlic salt or seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Add the thawed hash brown potatoes, diced onion and 2 ½ cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated. Pour Into the slow cooker.
- Cover the opening of the slow cooker with paper towels to absorb the condensation, then fit the lid tightly on top. The paper towels will prevent the condensation from dripping back into the potatoes making the sauce too thin.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the potatoes are cooked through and fork tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Once done, leave uncovered and let stand for 20 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with thinly sliced green onion.