Slow Cookers Are A Lifesaver on Busy Days
Menu Ideas To Go Along with Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
These delectable Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes will compliment most any entree that goes well with potatoes as a side kick. When paired with dishes like oven barbecue chicken breasts and grilled chili rubbed skirt steak it will turn your meal into a homemade feast for your family and friends to enjoy.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- Onion/Vegetable Chopper
- Serving Set
- Insulated Slow Cooker Travel Case and Carrier
Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of potato soup
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 0.4 oz package dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix i.e. Hidden Valley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt OR seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 30 oz package frozen hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 4 thinly sliced green onion for garnishing
- Spray the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, cream of potato soup, cream of celery soup, sour cream, chicken broth, ranch dressing mix, garlic salt or seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Add the thawed hash brown potatoes, diced onion and 2 ½ cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated. Pour Into the slow cooker.
- Cover the opening of the slow cooker with paper towels to absorb the condensation, then fit the lid tightly on top. The paper towels will prevent the condensation from dripping back into the potatoes making the sauce too thin.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the potatoes are cooked through and fork tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Once done, leave uncovered and let stand for 20 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with thinly sliced green onion.