On busy days, when you could use a helping hand in the kitchen, pull out your slow cooker and make these Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes in a cinch. Hash brown potatoes, sweet onion and colby-jack cheese smothered with a velvety sauce will cook to perfection while you go about your daily tasks. Add diced ham and it becomes a one dish meal sure to satisfy after a hectic day.
Easy Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes Recipe
I have been known to refer to my slow cooker a my "personal chef." While I'm busy running errands and taking care of my family's needs and daily work tasks, my slow cooker is simmering away all day in the kitchen. There's nothing quite like coming home to a dish that's ready for you when you're ready to eat plus, the house smells inviting, too. You can use slow cookers to make a Sunday dinner worthy slow cooked roast or a cheesy lasagna for your next Italian night. A crockpot cheesy salsa chicken for Mexican night and your Easter ham slow cooks beautifully, too.
How to Make the Best Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
These delectable Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes will compliment most any entrée that goes well with potatoes as a side kick. When paired with dishes like oven barbecue chicken breasts and grilled chili rubbed skirt steak it will turn your meal into a homemade feast for your family and friends to enjoy.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes: One 30 ounce package of frozen hash brown potatoes thawed, one can cream of potato soup, one can cream of celery soup, melted butter, sour cream, chicken broth, one 0.4 oz package of Hidden Valley dry Ranch dressing mix, garlic salt, black pepper, shredded colby jack cheese, diced onion and sliced green onion or garnishing.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A 6 quart or similar size slow cooker, mixing bowl, whisk, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater, large silicone spatula.
- The hash brown potatoes used in this recipe should be thawed prior to mixing with the remaining ingredients.
- You can use a smaller slow cooker for this recipe but please note it may take longer to cook so adjust accordingly.
- You can use another flavor of cheese in the same amount to suit your taste.
- You can fully assemble these Cheesy Ranch Potatoes one day in advance, then cover and chill. This is assuming you have a removable crock that can be stored separately from the heating element portion. When doing so allow it time (20 minutes or so) on the counter for the crock to warm before heating it in the slow cooker. Reference your appliances manufacturer's recommendation regarding best safety practices specific to the appliance you'll be using.
- Store leftover Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers in single serving portions in the microwave.
More Southern Slow Cooker Recipes to Make
Slow cookers have dinner simmering while you go about your day. It doesn't get any better than that. Other crockpot and slow cooker recipes to try:
- Comfort filled Slow Cooked Roast with Creamy Mushroom Gravy.
- Slow Cooked Triple Meat Lasagna is an Italian feast.
- For the holidays Slow Cooked Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham.
- Slow Cooked Cheesy Salsa Chicken for fiesta night at home.
- Crockpot Chicken and Dressing Casserole is a family friendly feast.
- Honey Garlic Slow Cooked Meatballs from The Chunky Chef.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- Onion/Vegetable Chopper
- Serving Set
- Insulated Slow Cooker Travel Case and Carrier
Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
Servings: 10 servings
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of potato soup
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 0.4 oz package dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix i.e. Hidden Valley
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt OR seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 30 oz package frozen hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 4 thinly sliced green onion for garnishing
- Spray the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, cream of potato soup, cream of celery soup, sour cream, chicken broth, ranch dressing mix, garlic salt or seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Add the thawed hash brown potatoes, diced onion and 2 ½ cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated. Pour Into the slow cooker.
- Cover the opening of the slow cooker with paper towels to absorb the condensation, then fit the lid tightly on top. The paper towels will prevent the condensation from dripping back into the potatoes making the sauce too thin.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the potatoes are cooked through and fork tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Once done, leave uncovered and let stand for 20 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with thinly sliced green onion.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 942mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 653IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 298mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
At what point would you add the diced ham to make this a complete meal?
Add whatever amount of cubed ham you wish with the remaining ingredients at the beginning.
Thank you for the wonderful recipes!