Easy and elegant Smoked Salmon Dip is an impressive dip for a special occasion. Whether it’s a holiday gathering, graduation party or backyard barbecue serve this salmon dip with assorted crackers and vegetables for dipping. It’s certain to get the party started.
Easy Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
When entertaining, I’m keenly aware of how important appetizers are to the event as a whole. It’s important to have at least one signature starter to serve as people arrive. It immediately sets the tone for the gathering and puts people at ease. When people gather around a delicious snack it often starts conversation and gives them a moment to relax and settle in prior to the meal. How to make simple Smoked Salmon Dip:
- Salmon – 6 ounces Smoked Salmon.
- Filling – Chive and onion cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Seasonings – Garlic salt, lemon pepper and onion powder.
- Garnish – Fresh dill for the dip plus additional for garnishing.
How to Make the BEST Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Smoked Salmon Dip: Smoked Salmon, chive and onion cream cheese softened, sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, fresh dill.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, fork for flaking the salmon, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and chopping board and hand mixer.
- This dip is simple to make so a special effort should be made to use quality smoked salmon for the best results. Smoked salmon is available at all price points and is an impressive dish to have on the appetizer menu.
- Salmon is so delicate it’s important to whip the other ingredients with a mixer until they’re fully creamed prior to adding it to the mix.
- I recommend using real mayonnaise and not something like Miracle Whip or similar that’s sweet for this dip recipe.
- Give the dip time to chill so the flavors can fully develop. Four hours is ideal, even overnight if time allows.
- Other popular dips you may enjoy are my recipes for Million Dollar Dip and baked Pepper Jack Spinach Dip. The addition of bacon to spinach dip and a little spice takes classic spinach dip to a whole other level.
- Serving Suggestions: Salmon dip is delicious served with crostini, slathered on mini bagels, with crackers or pita chips.
- Store Salmon Dip chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Salmon Recipes to Make
While salmon may not come to mind for quick weekday meals, it is in fact, an excellent choice. From sheet pan meals to foil packs. More salmon recipes you may like to try:
- My Cajun seasoned Air Fryer Salmon recipe proves that salmon is not only good for you, but easy to make.
- Sheet pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables is a quick weeknight meal.
- Shake-up supper with these fully dressed Salmon Burgers.
- Maple Glazed Salmon is a restaurant quality dish that you can enjoy with the family at home.
- Old fashioned Salmon Patties are delicious and won’t break the bank.
- Baked Salmon in Foil from Well Plated.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 1 8 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 6 oz smoked salmon
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill plus additional for garnishing
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, lemon pepper and onion powder.
- Flake the salmon using a fork, Add to the creamed mixture with dill. Fold in by hand until evenly distributed.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with fresh dill. Serve with assorted crackers, pita chips, bread rounds or crudite.