Million Dollar Dip is a glorious combination of a few simple and easy to find ingredients that magically combine into a heavenly amalgamation of flavors. It's one of those party favorites that have been rotating on game day and holiday appetizer menus for eons. You may have also heard this vintage dip called Neiman Marcus Dip or ABC Dip referring to the almond, bacon and cheese combo. Regardless of the name, my spin combines chive and onion cream cheese with mayonnaise, bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, green onions and toasted almonds all combined with simple seasonings to give it a more complex flavor. Serve it with crackers or crudité and watch it disappear.
Easy Million Dollar Dip Recipe
My family really gravitates to appetizers like this million dollar dip. In fact, some days we'd rather dip our dinner than have a full meal. In particular on weekends when our days are more casual and less rushed. Some of our favorite dips like my Three Cheesesteak Dip and Chicken Enchilada dips are very much like a complete meal themselves. This particular dip is a no-cook dip so, it's particularly convenient for making in advance when entertaining as it becomes even more robust in flavor as it chills.
How to Make the Best Million Dollar Dip Recipe
This million dollar dip is no different from others in that it gets better when made in advance so the flavors can marry. You can make it one day ahead of time and pop it into the refrigerator to chill until you're ready to serve it.
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for easy Million Dollar Dip: Toasted slivered almonds, mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip) chive and onion cream cheese, garlic powder or granulated garlic, lemon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cooked and chopped or crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions and crackers, vegetables or chips for dipping.
- While you could use precooked bacon for a time saver, I highly recommend you go the extra mile and make your own for a more quality result.
- This homemade million dollar dip easily doubles if you're feeding a crowd.
- Serve this dip with crackers and fresh vegetables such as celery, carrots or cucumber.
- You can also use potato chips, tortilla chips, pita chips or crostini for dipping.
- You can store prepared million dollar dip in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Southern Style Dip Recipes to Make
Regardless of the type of gathering from casual game day parties, entertaining friends and family or holiday meals dips are always a favorite. More homemade dip recipes you may like to try:
- You may have everything you need in your cupboard to make Homemade Ranch Dip.
- Baked Mexican Fiesta Dip.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip is a riff on all of the flavors we love about spicy buffalo wings.
- Make your own Homemade French Onion Dip one time and you'll be hooked!
- Tasty Easy Zesty Cheese Dip from A Family Feast is perfect for game day eats.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Million Dollar Dip
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 8-oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes until lightly golden. Cool.
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, lemon pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- By hand mix in the cheese, bacon, green onion and almonds. Mix well.
- Place into an airtight container and chill for at least 6 hours preferably overnight.
- Serve with crackers, vegetables or pita chips for dipping.
Our friends and family love this dip. Its my go to when asked to bring an appetizer.
Thanks so much! (My family loves it, too)
Tastes like a million bucks! Thanks for such a tasty and easy recipe to make in a hurry.
It's my pleasure thank YOU for visiting!
Super easy and so tasty. It's really a great addition to a sandwich!
I made mine with half Mexican style Sour Cream and half mayo. It said fresh grated cheese was better so I grated what I had, baby Swiss and gouda and it came out great.
I love that you used this as a spread!
While I didn’t have some items in the recipe, their substitutes did the trick! Delicious! Didn’t have mayonnaise, so I used Miracle Whip; ran out of green onion so I used finely chopped white onion and instead of shredded Cheddar cheese, I only had shredded Tex-Mex Cheese. Warmed up and enjoyed by the family! Great recipe!
Glad you enjoyed, thanks!
Can I use sour cream or cream instead of mayo? Mayo sort of offends me. LOL
Since the recipe uses 2 cups of mayo, that's a ton of sour cream. If you like sour cream, it would work but, I'm not certain about the taste. If you try it, come back and let us know how it goes.
Can this be made into a cheese ball?
This won't hold together like a cheese ball as there's no cream cheese.
Thanks so much!
Trish - Mom On Timeout
This dip has all my favorites! Yum!
Lori @ RecipeGirl
Perfect for football Sundays!
Wow, what a spectacular combination of flavors! I'm pretty sure I could dip anything in this!
Toni | Boulder Locavore
Such an awesome dip! This will be a sure hit!
This dip is a must for parties - so good!
What a tasty group of flavors! Trying this tonight for a movie time snack!
Oh man, looking at this pictures make me want to get a big box of crackers and dip into this goodness.. SO YUM!
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes
This will be my dinner tonight! 🙂