Ever so dippable Pepper Jack Spinach Dip with Bacon is gooey and packed with flavor. Filled with spinach, onion, seasonings, smokey crumbled bacon and plenty of shredded cheese it never disappoints. It can be made one day in advance and chilled then it’s ready to bake when you’re ready to nibble. I recommend serving it with pita chips, crackers or tortilla chips and it’s usually one of the first appetizers to go.
There are few events where appetizers aren’t involved even if it’s a simple casual dinner with friends. I think appetizers set the tone for the meal and are a terrific way to keep people entertained while everyone arrives. When making this pepper jack spinach dip with bacon it’s important to remove as much moisture as possible from the thawed spinach or it could cause the filling to breakdown. You can use a kitchen towel to remove the excess water from the spinach if needed, and you’ll be good to go. If you’re serving both vegetarians and carnivores, consider making a double batch and leaving the bacon out of one to suit everyone’s taste. Serve this as a holiday snack or game day munchies it’s always a hit.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Enamel Coated Cast Iron Skillet
- Rotary Cheese Grater
- 3 Tier Metal Display Snack Server
- Oven Safe Baking Rack
Pepper Jack Spinach Dip with Bacon
- 1 16 oz frozen baby spinach thawed
- 1 8 oz garden vegetable cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 green onion chopped
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil the bottom and sides of an 8-inch cast iron skillet or similar. Set aside.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium size bowl, whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, heavy cream, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper. Whip until creamy and combined around 1-2 minutes.
- By hand mix in the spinach, green onion, bacon and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Pour into the skillet.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with pita crisps, tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.