Pepper Jack Spinach Dip with Bacon – This spinach dip is creamy and packed with flavor! It can be made a day in advance and then baked when you’re ready to nibble. I serve it with pita chips, crackers or tortilla chips and it’s usually one of the first appetizers to go. There seems to always be an event where appetizers are involved even if it’s a simple casual dinner with friends.
When making spinach dip it’s important to remove as mush moisture as possible from the thawed spinach or it could cause the filling to breakdown. Squeeze and then squeeze a little more using a kitchen towel if needed, and you’ll be good to go. For the veggie only eaters this dip is tasty without the bacon, too. For a holiday or game day it’s always a hit.
- 1 (16 oz) frozen baby spinach thawed
- 1 (8 oz) garden vegetable cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 green onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil the bottom and sides of an 8-inch cast iron skillet or similar. Set aside.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium size bowl, whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, heavy cream, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper. Whip until creamy and combined around 1-2 minutes.
- By hand mix in the spinach, green onion, bacon and 1½ cup shredded cheese. Pour into the skillet.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with pita crisps, tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.