These easy cheesy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Muffins elevates boxed macaroni and cheese and takes it to another level. The addition of bacon, special seasonings and a crispy crumb topping turns these into a side dish kids of all ages will love.
Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Muffins
While I personally prefer classic macaroni and cheese made completely from scratch, I'm also a Mom. It wasn't long until I learned how much kiddos seem to love Kraft macaroni and cheese. It's a really a taste of nostalgia in so many ways. Many kids will choose it over homemade macaroni and cheese any day of the week. Perhaps it's the vibrant color or, that moms find it easy to prepare in a hurry. None-the-less, it remains a kid favorite through every generations, it seems.
Turn Macaroni and Cheese into Irresistible Muffins
Kids love it when you take a dish they know and love and turn it into something a little different. Even if the change as simple as an unexpected shape. That's how these bacon macaroni and cheese muffins came about. This particular dish is for those days when you find yourself so busy, you need a side dish that is fun and interesting but, easy to put together. Another fun take on macaroni and cheese is to serve it appetizer-size like these Mac and Cheese Cups from Fifteen Spatulas.
Dishes to Serve with Macaroni and Cheese Muffins
There's no shortage of entrees to serve alongside these cute little mac and cheese muffins. A few you may like to try for your family:
- Oven Barbecue Chicken Breasts
- Delicious Meatloaf
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Homestyle Green Beans and Potatoes
- Homestyle Cole Slaw Dressing
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Macaroni And Cheese Muffins
- 1 14 oz box Deluxe Four Cheese Macaroni & Cheese i.e. Kraft or similar
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar or Italian cheese blend divided
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup half and half or milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dry mustard powder
- Crumb topping:
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spritz the wells of a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- On the stove top in salted water, cook the macaroni per the instructions on the package. Drain well.
- Add to a medium mixing bowl. To the bowl add cheese sauce packet, 1 cup shredded cheese, eggs, crumbled bacon, half and half, garlic powder, onion and mustard powder. Mix well.
- Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the macaroni between the muffin cups. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese on top.
- In a bowl, toss together crumb topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and set. Rest in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen. Serve immediately.