These easy cheesy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Muffins elevates boxed macaroni and cheese and takes it to another level. The addition of bacon, special seasonings and a crispy crumb topping turns these into a side dish kids of all ages will love.
Easy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Muffins Recipe
While I personally prefer classic macaroni and cheese made completely from scratch, I'm also a Mom. It wasn't long until I learned how much kiddos seem to love Kraft macaroni and cheese. It's a really a taste of nostalgia in so many ways. Many kids will choose it over homemade macaroni and cheese any day of the week. Perhaps it's the vibrant color or, that moms find it easy to prepare in a hurry. Nonetheless, it remains a kid favorite through every generations, it seems.
How to Make the Best Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Muffins Recipe
Kids love it when you take a dish they know and love and turn it into something a little different. Even if the change as simple as an unexpected shape. That's how these bacon macaroni and cheese muffins came about. This particular dish is for those days when you find yourself so busy but in need of a side dish that's fun and interesting but easy to put together.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Muffins: One 14 ounce box of four cheese macaroni and cheese, large eggs, crumbled bacon, half and half, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard and shredded cheddar cheese.
- For the crumb topping you'll need: Panko breadcrumbs, melted butter, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley for garnishing.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large pot for cooking the macaroni and cheese, a large silicone spatula or spoon, a skillet for frying the bacon, a cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, a mixing bowl and a 12 cup standard size cupcake or muffin pan.
- This recipe begins with a box of macaroni and cheese to simplify the preparation. You can adapt this recipe using my Double Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese recipe for a scratch made version.
- Store leftover bacon macaroni and cheese muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave in single serving portions.
Best Southern Main Dish Recipes to Make with Macaroni and Cheese Muffins
There's no shortage of entrées to serve alongside these single serving mac and cheese muffins. A few main dish inspiration recipes that you may like to make for your family:
- These easy Oven Barbecue Chicken Breasts are juicy and flavorful.
- Delicious Southern Meatloaf is topped with a sweet and tangy tomato glaze.
- Crispy Southern Fried Chicken is a no-brainer main dish option that you'll love.
- These Homestyle Green Beans and Potatoes are a classic side dish that's especially popular during garden season.
- Air Fryer Barbecue Chicken Kabobs are a cinch to make.
- Homemade Hamburger Steak and gravy makes a family pleasing meal.
- Steak Sandwich recipe from Well Plated.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Macaroni And Cheese Muffins
- 1 14 oz box Deluxe Four Cheese Macaroni & Cheese i.e. Kraft or similar
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar or Italian cheese blend divided
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup half and half or milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Crumb topping:
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spritz the wells of a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- On the stove top in salted water, cook the macaroni per the instructions on the package. Drain well.
- Add to a medium mixing bowl. To the bowl add cheese sauce packet, 1 cup shredded cheese, eggs, crumbled bacon, half and half, garlic powder, onion and mustard powder. Mix well.
- Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the macaroni between the muffin cups. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese on top.
- In a bowl, toss together crumb topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and set. Rest in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen. Serve immediately.