There’s nothing like a gooey cheesy starter to kick off the festivities for any special gathering. This made-for-dipping Best Reuben Dip is sure to get the party started in style. It’s filled with corned beef, sauerkraut and plenty of Swiss cheese. Serve it with rye bread, crackers, crostini or pita chips on the side for dipping.
Serve Best Reuben Dip for St Patrick’s Day Fun
There’s nothing like a delectable holiday-themed appetizer to get your St Patrick’s Day festivities started. This ooey gooey Reuben dip is the perfect combination of Swiss cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut all smothered in a dreamy thousand island cream cheese sauce. It combines all of the flavors found in a classic Reuben sandwich and transforms them into a fabulously creamy dip.
Serve Reuben Dip for a Year-Round Appetizer Sure to Please
While we naturally think of corned beef and cabbage for St Patrick’s Day, this dip is a year-round option for parties and holiday events. You’ll be amazed how so few ingredients can pack such incredible flavor. When party planning, we often focus our efforts on the entree or desserts, but, I’m a firm believer that tasty appetizers capture the attention of your guests from the onset.
Tips for Making Reuben Dip
- The most important part of making this dip is squeezing all of the excess moisture from the sauerkraut after rinsing.
- You can assemble this dip, pour into the dish then cover and chill one day in advance. Bring to room temperature prior to baking.
- Serve this dip with rye bread, crackers, crostini or pita chips for dipping.
- For more appetizer inspiration, checkout my Parade article featuring 36 Scrumptious Appetizers.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Best Reuben Dip
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup bottled Thousand Island dressing
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sauerkraut rinsed and drained well
- 6 oz Deli corned beef chopped
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- rye bread, crackers or crostini for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together mayonnaise, Thousand Island, and cream cheese until fully combined.
- Squeeze all excess moisture from sauerkraut. Add to the bowl with corned beef and 1 ½ cups cheese. Mix by hand until combined.
- Spread evenly in dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve immediately with rye bread, crackers or crostini for dipping.