This gooey Three Cheesesteak Dip is such a fun a way to enjoy the flavors we all love on Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. It's one of those ooey gooey appetizers that are impossible to resist.
Three Cheesesteak Dip
After a trip to a sports grill on vacation and trying their version as an appetizer, I had to try to recreate my own take on this cheesy cheesesteak dip for my family at home. If I'm planning ahead I throw an extra steak on the grill to have the meat cooked and ready to mix together for the dip. Otherwise, thinly sliced steak cooks in minutes right in the skillet. The gooey melted mozzarella cheese pairs so well with the beef. It's perfect party, race day or game day food, and there's never ever a drop leftover.
Tips for Making Cheesesteak Dip
- When melting the cheese, start with ½ cup of cream and then adjust the thickness of the dip after you add the cream cheese. If you like the thickness as is, then you're good to go. If you prefer it a bit thinner add a cream in small amounts until you reach your desired thickness.
- I recommend that you use the same steak seasoning on the steak as you'll be using in the dip.
- In a pinch you could use the same amount of roast beef from the deli in place of the steak, if you prefer.
- As the dip cools it will thicken, so keeping it warm even when serving is a plus. A small slow cooker works well for this.
- This dip is delicious served with crackers, crostini, garlic bread or pita chips for serving.
- You may also like to try this Basic Cheese Dip recipe from My Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Three Cheesesteak Dip
- 1 8 oz sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 4 oz baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 lb white American cheese cubed
- ½-1 cup light cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning or your favorite
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pita chips or garlic bread for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 1 ½ quart baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, heat a few drizzles of olive oil. Add the sliced steak. Cook for for 2-3 minutes until browned or to your desired doneness. Season lightly with Montreal steak seasoning. Remove from the pan.
- Add the diced onion, green bell pepper and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add additional olive oil if needed. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Lower the heat and add the cubed white American cheese, ½ cup cream, cream cheese, steak seasoning, dry Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Cook until the American cheese and cream cheese has completely melted. Add additional half & half as needed to thin.
- Remove from the heat and add the steak to the melted cheese. Mix until combined.
- Pour the dip into the baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with pita chips or garlic bread for dipping.