Three Cheesesteak Dip – This gooey cheesesteak dip is such a fun a way to enjoy the flavors we all love on Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. After a trip to a sports grill on vacation and trying their version as an appetizer, I had to try to recreate my own take on this dip for my family at home. If I’m planning ahead I throw an extra steak on the grill to have the meat cooked and ready to mix together the dip. Otherwise, thinly sliced steak cooks in minutes right in the skillet. I recommend that you use the same steak seasoning on the steak as you’ll be using in the dip. In a pinch you could use the same amount of roast beef from the deli, if you want.
When melting the cheese, start with 1/2 cup of cream and then adjust the thickness of the dip after you add the cream cheese. If you like the thickness as is then you’re good to go. If you prefer it a bit thinner add a bit more cream. As the dip cools it will thicken and as always the gooey melted mozzarella cheese on top is such a treat. It’s perfect party, race day or game day food and there’s never ever a drop leftover.
Three Cheesesteak Dip
- 1 8 oz sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 4 oz baby portabella mushrooms
- Olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 lb white American cheese cubed
- 1/2-1 cup light cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning or your favorite
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pita chips or garlic bread for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 1 quart baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, heat a few drizzles of olive oil. Add the sliced steak. Cook for for 2-3 minutes until browned or to your desired doneness. Season lightly with Montreal steak seasoning. Remove from the pan.
- Add the diced onion, green bell pepper and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add additional olive oil if needed. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Lower the heat and add the cubed white American cheese, 1/2 cup cream, cream cheese, steak seasoning, dry Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Cook until the American cheese and cream cheese has completely melted. Add additional half & half as needed to thin.
- Remove from the heat and add the steak to the melted cheese. Mix until combined.
- Pour the dip into the baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with pita chips or garlic bread for dipping.