This Italian Spinach Artichoke Dip is a classic found on restaurant menus and appetizer tables worldwide. It can be served for casual patio parties, football soirees as well as a more formal gatherings as a featured starter. It has universal appeal.
Italian Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach dip can take many flavor twists an turns. Whether it’s the classic chilled spinach dip we all love using Knorr vegetable soup mix, or if you choose to give it a spicy edge with pepper jack cheese and bacon. You can also give it a nice kicked-up taste when you add roasted poblano peppers to spinach dip. This Italian spinach artichoke dip pairs two classic ingredients that never disappoint.
This dreamy dip is irresistible, and it’s no wonder it shows up on so many restaurant appetizer menus and party platters. You’re guaranteed to knock the ball out of the park every time you serve it. I rarely have a party, that I don’t serve dip or some sort of variation of spinach dip. It’s a home run kind of dish that guests always love.
- To this spinach dip, you can mix-in crumbled cooked bacon or pancetta..
- This dip can be fully assembled, covered and chilled, then baked just before serving.
- You can use plain cream cheese or mascarpone cheese in this dip with no other adjustments needed.
- Likewise, you can use plain sour cream or creme fraiche interchangeably. Creme Fraiche can be a little pricey, but, sometimes, it’s worth the splurge. It’s not quite as tart as sour cream and has a buttery texture. Either will work.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Italian Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 8 oz package frozen artichoke hearts thawed and chopped
- 4 medium green onions chopped
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed, squeeze out moisture
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 8 oz container sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute artichokes and green onion in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes until artichokes are beginning to brown. Add garlic, cooking for 1 minute longer.
- Add cream cheese to the skillet, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Pour into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- To the bowl add spinach, 1 cup mozzarella, sour cream, half and half, mayo, Parmesan, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour into baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Serve warm with pita chips, crackers, tortilla chips or veggies for dipping.