Summer means fresh berries in abundance and it’s the ideal time to whip-up a batch of Strawberries And Cream Filled Cupcakes. Vanilla cupcakes are filled with a fresh strawberry cheesecake flavored filling then topped with whipped cream and one glorious sweet strawberry. It may sound labor intensive but, they’re quite easy to assemble and they make for a beautiful presentation.
These strawberries and cream filled cupcakes begin with a yellow cake mix but, if you prefer baking from scratch I highly recommend you take a look at my homemade butter cake recipe to use instead. I adore baking completely from scratch however, I also feel bakers of all skill levels can be successful making delicious baked goods using some convenience items occasionally and to save time. The centers of these cupcakes are filled with fresh strawberries, a white chocolate ganache and a dreamy cheesecake filling. Let’s not stop there it’s simply imperative that each cupcake be frosted with a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sweet, juicy, whole strawberry. Chill thoroughly then display on a pretty platter or cupcake stand and there you have it, a sigh inducing, blissful, five star dessert.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries And Cream Filled Cupcakes
- 1 15.25 oz box yellow cake mix plus water, oil eggs to prepare
- 1 1/2 quarts strawberries divided
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 3.4 oz box cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 8 oz strawberry spreadable cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed Or 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 16 whole strawberries for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup standard muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcakes using the amounts of water, oil and eggs called for in the directions and bake accordingly. While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the filling.
- Separate 12 whole berries for garnishing and cut the remaining strawberries into small cubes. (To equal 2/3-1 cup.)
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, melt together white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Melt in 30 second increments stopping to stir periodically. Repeat this process until the chocolate is completely smooth then set aside to cool.
- To make the filling: Whip together cheesecake instant pudding, milk and vanilla until thickened. About 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and continue to whip until fully incorporated and smooth another 2 minutes. Add white chocolate ganache whipping until well blended.
- Fold in cubed strawberries by hand. Chill until cupcakes are cool.(Tip: Filling may be prepared in advance and placed into an airtight container and chilled to allow the filling to completely set-up for 4 hours or overnight to save time.}
- To assemble: Using a sharp knife cut the centers out of the cupcakes leaving approximately a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Do not to cut all the way to the bottom.
- Use a Tbsp to divide the filling evenly between the cupcakes.
- Using a pastry bag or Tbsp and top each cupcake with a generous dollop of whipped topping. Top with one whole berry.
- Store chilled until serving.
- For the best results, fill these cupcakes on the same day you're going to serve them to prevent the cupcake shell from becoming soggy. The filling can be prepared the day before for a timesaver.
- Have extra whole berries, cupcake liners, and a muffin pan nearby in the event you're able to yield more than 12 cupcakes.
- Old Fashioned Butter Cake recipe may be used in place of cake mix. See recipe here.