This Strawberries And Cream Poke Cake may look complicated but, it’s not. It begins with a white cake that’s smothered with a cream cheese strawberry filling. Topped with luscious whipped cream and more strawberries it’s certain to be the belle of the dessert ball.
Rectangular Desserts Rule
Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake
The truth is, no matter how you choose to decorate the top one bite of this masterpiece and no one will care it’s so darn tasty. You can begin this cake with a cake mix or make it using the recipe the recipe for my White Buttermilk Cake if you prefer baking from scratch.
This luscious poke cake really shows the baking love to those you serve it to, and I always enjoy the reaction when I pull it out at the end of our meal. Strawberries and cream remain a family favorite at my house any day of the year and making something special like this cake, is sure to garner praise from your friends and family. Another strawberry dessert you may like to try are these Strawberry Shortcake Brownie Cupcakes on Parade or Strawberry Delight from Deep South Dish.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries And Cream Poke Cake
- 1 16.25 oz box white cake mix plus eggs, oil and water to prepare [See Cook's note]
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries divided
- 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream or 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 4 oz white chocolate grated
- few drops pink or red food coloring [optional]
- Prepare the white cake in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan per the instructions on the packaging. Use the recommended amount of eggs, oil and water. Remove from the oven and use the back of a wooden spoon or to similar poke holes all over the cake.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whip together the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and vanilla for 2 minutes. Whip until fluffy and fully blended. Whip in 1 cup of sweetened whipped cream. Add a few drops of food coloring, if desired.
- Spread half of the whipped cream cheese filling onto the warm cake filling the holes.
- Hull and cube enough strawberries to equal 2 cups and set aside the desired amount of whole berries to decorate the top.
- Mix the cubed strawberries into the remaining cream cheese mixture by hand then spread on top. Place the cake into the fridge for 4 hours..
- Frost with remaining whipped cream and decorate as desired with grated white chocolate and the reserved whole strawberries just before serving. Store leftovers chilled.
2) To decorate the cake as pictured additional fresh whipped cream or whipped topping will be needed.