This Strawberries And Cream Poke Cake may look complicated but, it’s not. It begins with a white cake that’s smothered with a cream cheese strawberry filing. Topped with luscious whipped cream and more strawberries it’s certain to be the belle of the dessert ball. If time is an issue just before serving slice fresh strawberries and pile them on top of the whipped cream. Dust with powdered sugar then add a couple of sprigs of mint and voila…dessert magic.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries And Cream Poke Cake
- 1 [16.25] oz box white cake mix plus eggs, oil and water to prepare [See Cook's note]
- 1  oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2  oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries divided
- 4 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 4 oz white chocolate grated
- few drops pink or red food coloring [optional]
- Prepare the white cake in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan per the instructions on the packaging. Use the recommended amount of eggs, oil and water. Remove from the oven and use the back of a wooden spoon or to similar poke holes all over the cake.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whip together the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and vanilla for 2 minutes. Whip until fluffy and fully blended. Whip in 1 cup of sweetened whipped cream. Add a few drops of food coloring, if desired.
- Spread half of the whipped cream cheese filling onto the warm cake filling the holes.
- Hull and cube enough strawberries to equal 2 cups and set aside the desired amount of whole berries to decorate the top.
- Mix the cubed strawberries into the remaining cream cheese mixture by hand then spread this over the top.
- Place the cake into the fridge to cool completely.
- After cooled, frost with the remaining whipped cream and decorate as desired with grated white chocolate and the reserved whole strawberries.
2) To decorate the cake as pictured additional whipped cream or whipped topping will be needed.