Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad is Packed with Flavor
These two vegetables go together so well and individually they're delicious in so many forms. Whether it's the classic broccoli salad or in a casseroles like broccoli cheddar gratin or fully loaded smashed cauliflower they're a regular in my kitchen. For the tangy salad fans at your table, you may like to try this recipe for Pickled Cauliflower from The Lady Behind the Curtain.
Other Salad Recipes to Try
There's no wrong time of year to add a fresh crisp salad to your lunch and supper mens. A few you may enjoy trying:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Spinach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- BLT Macaroni Salad
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Swiss Cheese and Bacon
- 1 0.4 oz packet dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 large bunch broccoli stems removed, separated into bite size pieces
- 1 medium head cauliflower core removed, separated into bite size pieces
- 10 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 4 oz jar sliced pimentos OR roasted red pepper, chopped drained (optional)
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 medium green onions thinly sliced
- To make the dressing, add the buttermilk, mayonnaise and dry dressing mix to a large mixing bowl. Whisk the dressing together until it's fully combined.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and pimento and onion to the bowl. Mix until fully coated with dressing.
- Add cheese, mixing well. Taste and adjust the salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight before serving.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.