Can You Make Tangerine Tart without a Tart Pan?
- Using a fluted tart pan with a removable bottom is the best way to make this tart. That being said, if you don't have a fluted tart pan, you can use a standard depth 9 inch pie pan. While the presentation will be different, the taste will be the same.
- Tangerines are more round but, if you find some similar in size to limes and lemons, they and can be squeezed using a lemon squeezer or juicer.
- Give the tart ample time to chill before slicing.
- If you love lemons, checkout my recipe for lemon curd tart, too.
So creamy and delicious!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Tangy Tangerine Tart
- 1 ½ cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds roughly broken
- 4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoon butter melted
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon tangerine zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- fresh whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, with cooking spray. A tart pan with a removable bottom works best.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the crumbs, almonds, butter, and sugar until moistened.
- Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom and sides of the tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium size mixing bowl using a hand mixer, whip together egg yolks and sugar. Whip for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add tangerine juice, condensed milk, zest, orange and vanilla extracts. Whip for 1-2 minutes. Pour the filling into the crust and return to the oven.
- Bake at 350°F for an additional 25 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 2 hours then chill for an additional 2-4 hours before cutting.
- Serve with a dollop of sweetened fresh whipped cream. Store leftovers chilled.