When you're looking for a way to simplify dessert, a homestyle fruit cobbler like this Triple Berry Skillet Cobbler is a delicious option. Frozen strawberries, raspberries and blueberries make a triple threat combination when baked together nestled in a homemade batter. After baking until puffed and golden, it can be served it with, or without, a scoop of premium vanilla ice cream.
Triple Berry Skillet Cobbler
I don't know where I'd be without my cast iron skillets. They go from the stovetop to the oven with ease making them one of my favorite kitchen tools. I tend to reach for them for many recipes like this Glazed Skillet Monkey Bread and even casseroles like Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet for dinner. My skillets are especially handy when I'm making a comforting dessert like this triple berry cobbler.To me, cobblers are the equivalent of comfort food served in dessert form. They're always a family favorite whether I serve them during cold or warm weather, and rarely is there a bite leftover. For this skillet cobbler, I used a frozen triple berry blend that consisted of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries making this even simpler to prepare. Serve a bowl with a big scoop of side of vanilla ice cream and it's a dessert that's guaranteed to hit your sweet spot.
Do You Have to Use a Skillet to Make Cobbler?
Absolutely not. You can make this in any similar size baking dish or oven safe skillet. You can also, mix-up the berry blend using your favorite berries or the specific blend carried by your local market. If you've ever wondered how to care for your skillets you can see what the experts at Lodge Cast Iron recommend for seasoning and cleaning here.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Triple Berry Skillet Cobbler
- 1 20 oz package frozen triple berry blend thawed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 ⅓ cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix berries with ⅓ cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Mix gently until the ingredients are evenly coated and the cornstarch has dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, milk, egg, vanilla and almond extracts and cinnamon. Whisk just until combined and no lumps remain.
- Add melted butter to a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Swirl until it coats bottom and sides. Immediately pour batter into skillet. Dollop fruit over batter using a Tbsp.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until puffy and golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.