This no churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe is creamy and delicious with the bonus of requiring no special equipment to make. The classic flavor profile gives you the option to add any variety of mix-ins to suit your fancy.
Easy Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
What is no churn ice cream? No churn ice cream is a super simple technique of blending together whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, in this vanilla ice cream recipe. That being said, the sky's the limit with flavor variations and as numerous as the freezer section at your local grocery store. Once blending everything together, spread it into a loaf pan or springform pan and freeze it until firm. It's one of the simplest desserts to make and one that everyone needs in their recipe file.
How to Make the BEST No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Vanilla Ice Cream: Heavy cream, vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and large silicone spatula or spoon.
- The sweetened condensed milk provides ample sweetness for this no churn ice cream. That being said, you can adapt the sweetness adding additional granulated sugar or powdered sugar to suit your personal taste.
- It's important not to over whip the heavy cream or it will turn into butter. Use a mixer to whip just until stiff peaks form and then add the remaining ingredients per the recipe.
- You do need to utilize an electric mixer for this recipe, a whisk doesn't work here. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer whatever you have handy.
- This recipe does call for one tablespoon of pure vanilla extract. You could use vanilla bean paste in its place using around 1-2 teaspoons. Vanilla bean past is more concentrated in flavor and it will take less to achieve the delicious vanilla nuances that makes it so irresistible.
- Once the ingredients are blended together you can add chopped Oreo cookies, chopped candy bars or Reese's cups or colorful sprinkles for funfetti ice cream.
- Allow ample time for the ice cream to firm prior to serving. Overnight is ideal.
- Store Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts to Make
- Frozen Berry Fruit Salad doubles as a side dish or a dessert.
- The kiddos will flip for these Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites.
- Turtle Ice Cream Pie is an impressive make ahead dessert.
- Easy Frozen Strawberry Lime Margaritas can be made family friendly or in adult version.
- Red White and Blue Ice Cream Cake is ready for any Patriotic celebration.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream features swirls of fresh strawberry puree.
- Homemade Popsicles from i heart eating.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 pint heavy cream (2 cups)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ice cream cones, hot fudge, warm caramel, sprinkles, whipped cream, chopped nuts and maraschino cherries for serving
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip heavy cream with vanilla extract until stiff peaks form, don't overbeat.
- Add condensed milk to a separate medium bowl. Fold in the whipped cream using a non stick spatula or large spoon by hand until fully combined.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or 2-quart freezer-safe container. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop and serve in cones, turn into hot fudge sundaes, or with cobblers, pies and cake.