This Chicken Enchilada Quiche is sure to shake-up your quiche menu. It begins just like a classic quiche and then it leaps into another realm with the addition of rotisserie chicken, cheese and classic fiesta seasonings. That combination transforms it into a delightful any-time-of-day main dish with a kick.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Quiche Recipe for Any Meal
If you've been with me very long, you know I love to make quiche for my family. Whether it's my Easy Sausage Quiche, cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche or Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche perfect for Derby Day brunching, it never lasts very long on our table. I've often said, whoever coined the saying "Real men don't eat quiche" has never met my house full of boys. They love it. Our affinity for Mexican flavors led me to develop this variation of quiche and it was an instant hit.
How to Make the Best Chicken Enchilada Quiche Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chicken Enchilada Quiche: One 9 inch deep dish pie crust, chopped rotisserie chicken, large eggs, half and half, chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot go with your personal preference) taco seasoning, garlic salt, lemon pepper, shredded colby jack or pepper jack cheese, green onions and crushed nacho flavored tortilla chips (i.e. Doritos or similar).
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A 9 inch pie pan or dish, medium bowl, sharp knife and chopping board, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons.
- You can use a frozen crust (as pictured) a refrigerated crust fitted into a pie dish or a homemade pie crust for this quiche recipe. Checkout my Flaky Pie Crust recipe here.
- You can easily adapt the level of spice in this recipe depending on the salsa and cheese used.
- Due to the fact that this quiche features Mexican seasonings and flavors, you can have fun with the toppings. Consider topping each slice with your favorite taco condiments. Just a few ideas that may inspire you:
- Top it with a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt or a drizzle of crema.
- Hot, medium or mild salsa or salsa verde the same used in the quiche.
- Homemade pico de gallo is always a winning choice.
- Sliced black olives.
- Green onion or chives for sprinkling on top will add color and texture.
- Add a dollop of homemade Fresh Guacamole.
More Easy Quiche Recipes to Make
- My Cornbread and Sausage Quiche remains a fan favorite year after year and rightly so. The addition of cornbread, one of the favored house breads of the South, is a delicious twist.
- My classic Quiche Lorraine recipe is a fan favorite!
- Bacon Spinach Quiche is so simple anyone can make it.
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche is a tasty way to use leftover holiday ham for a round two meal.
- Skip the crust in this recipe for Canadian Bacon Has Brown Quiche.
- Make these crustless Mini Vegetable Quiche in a muffin pan.
- You may also like to try Meat Lovers Quiche from Barbara Bakes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Enchilada Quiche
- 1 9 inch frozen deep dish pie shell
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ½ cup medium thick and chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips or Nacho Doritos divided
- 3 green onions thinly sliced. plus additional for garnishing
- 2 cups colby jack or pepper jack cheese divided
- Assorted toppings for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a frozen deep dish pie crust on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half until smooth. Add salsa, taco seasoning, garlic salt and lemon pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the chicken, ¾ cup tortilla chips, green onion and 1 cup cheese. Stir until evenly distributed. (Reserve ¼ cup tortilla chips for the top)
- Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese onto the bottom of the pie shell. Pour the filling evenly into the shell.
- Sprinkle top with reserved ¼ cup tortilla chips and ½ cup cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Check for browning and lay a piece of foil on top, if needed.
- Continue to bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Rest for at lest 30 minutes prior to cutting.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, salsa and green onion, if desired.