This Chicken Enchilada Quiche is sure to shake-up your quiche menu. It begins just like a classic quiche and then it leaps into another realm with the addition of rotisserie chicken, cheese and classic fiesta seasonings. That combination transforms it into a delightful any-time-of-day main dish with a kick.
Chicken Enchilada Quiche Delicious At Any Time Of Day
If you've been with me very long, you know I love to make quiche for my family. Whether it's my Easy Sausage Quiche, cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche or Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche perfect for Derby Day brunching, it never lasts very long on our table. I've often said, whoever coined the saying "Real men don't eat quiche" has never met my house full of boys. They love it. Our affinity for Mexican flavors led me to develop this variation of quiche and it was an instant hit.
Due to the fact this quiche features Mexican food flavors, you can have fun with the toppings. Consider topping each slice with your favorite taco condiments. Just a few ideas that may inspire you:
- Top with a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Hot, medium or mild salsa or salsa verde
- Homemade pico de gallo
- Sliced black olives
- Green onion or chives
- Hot Sauce
Other Unique Ways To Enjoy Quiche
My Cornbread and Sausage Quiche remains a fan favorite year after year here on MSSK, and rightly so. The addition of cornbread, one of the favored house breads of the South, is a delicious twist. You may also like to try Meat Lovers Quiche from Barbara Bakes and Caprese Quiche from The Blond Cook.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Enchilada Quiche
- 1 9 inch frozen deep dish pie shell
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ½ cup medium thick and chunky salsa
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips or Nacho Doritos divided
- 3 green onions thinly sliced. plus additional for garnishing
- 2 cups colby jack or pepper jack cheese divided
- Assorted toppings for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a frozen deep dish pie crust on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half until smooth. Add salsa, taco seasoning, garlic salt and lemon pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the chicken, ¾ cup tortilla chips, green onion and 1 cup cheese. Stir until evenly distributed. (Reserve ¼ cup tortilla chips for the top)
- Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese onto the bottom of the pie shell. Pour the filling evenly into the shell.
- Sprinkle top with reserved ¼ cup tortilla chips and ½ cup cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Check for browning and lay a piece of foil on top, if needed.
- Continue to bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Rest for at lest 30 minutes prior to cutting.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, salsa and green onion, if desired.