April 18, 2012 updated January 3, 2021
Easy Ham and Spinach Quiche Recipe
I love serving ham and spinach quiche, western omelet quiche or easy sausage quiche for all of the lady like reasons you can imagine. It’s definitely on my short list menu for tea parties and brunch, and in general, I just like the idea of a savory pie. It’s a fantastic for a light lunch or dinner when paired with a salad and the men in my life love quiche, too. I’ve witnessed it firsthand.
How to Make the Best Ham and Spinach Quiche Recipe
You can add a variety of vegetables to quiche. What better way to use vegetables to brightly color a dish than including it in a quiche. Spinach ranks close to number one for beloved vegetables at our house. It’s amazing how I can get my boys to eat vegetables in quiches like my broccoli cheddar bacon quiche and they’ll eat them at any meal.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Ham and Spinach Quiche recipe: One 9 inch deep dish pie crust either frozen or homemade, heavy cream, chopped fresh Italian parsley, large eggs, salt, black pepper. onion powder, granulated garlic, ground nutmeg, chopped fresh spinach, cubed cooked ham, grated Parmesan cheese and shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese for the filling. You could also adapt using cheddar, Monterey jack cheese or any of your favorite varieties of cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A sheet pan for moving the quiche in and out of the oven, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater, a whisk, sharp knife and chopping board.
- You can use a homemade pie crust, a frozen pie crust or refrigerator crusts for this recipe. When using a frozen crust, I’ve never found it necessary to thaw prior to filling.
- You can make and bake this quiche one day in advance. You can then reheat single pieces gently in the microwave or reheat the entire quiche in the oven.
- To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 325°F and lay a piece of foil loosely on top of the quiche. Bake for 10-15 minutes or just until heated through. Slice and enjoy.
- Store leftover ham and spinach quiche in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze this quiche recipe for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator.
More Southern Style Quiche Recipes to Make
I love quiche for the mere fact that’s it’s basically a savory pie. And, who doesn’t love pie, right?!Quiche recipes are always fantastic for using leftovers in a new way, as well. More homemade quiche recipes you may like to try:
- You can enjoy transformed leftover holiday turkey in this Kentucky hot brown quiche.
- Always a fan favorite, my Cornbread and Sausage Quiche can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. For that reason alone, quiche will never go out of style in my cookbook.
- Classic Quiche Lorraine is a must-make for every cook.
- Chicken Enchilada Quiche is a fusion dish Mexican food fans will love.
- Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche is a fan favorite year after year.
- Another delicious savory pie you may enjoy is this Impossibly Easy Vegetable Pie from Betty Crocker.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham and Spinach Quiche
- 1 9 inch deep dish homemade pie crust OR frozen deep dish pie crust
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/16 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. If using a homemade pie crust, press into a 9 inch deep dish pan. Crimp edges as desired. If using a frozen or homemade crust, place onto a baking sheet for easy moving in and out of the oven.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together heavy cream, eggs, chopped parsley, onion powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dry mustard and nutmeg.
- To assemble: Arrange diced ham evenly over bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over ham. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded Swiss or Gruyere over Parmesan.
- Arrange chopped spinach over shredded cheese. Pour the filling evenly over the spinach layer making sure it's evenly distributed. It's helpful to use a fork to gently move spinach in places to allow it to reach ham. Sprinkle the remaining shredded Swiss cheese on top.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until spinach is tender and egg custard is cooked through.
- Allow the quiche to stand on the counter for at least 20 minutes before serving.