Treat yourself to a big piece of Apple Butter Pie for dessert. Topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon, it's a delicious way to add harvest flavors to your dessert table.
Apple Butter Pie
When the days grow shorter and there's a chilly breeze in the air, it's time to indulge in our favorite fall flavors. Whatever your pleasure, you could start the day with apple muffins for breakfast, caramel apple hand pies for on the go snacking, or apple crumb pie with ice cream for dessert.
Helpful Tips for Making Apple Butter Pie
- You can use a frozen or homemade pie crust for this pie. If you'd like to make your own checkout my recipe for flaky pie crust.
- The color of the pie may vary just a bit depending on the color of the apple butter used.
- You can use purchased or homemade apple butter for this recipe.
- Apple pie spice or cinnamon may be used for the filling. Adjust the amount depending on the level of spice in the particular apple butter used.
- I like to dust the top with additional cinnamon just before serving with whipped cream. This is optional and up to you, of course.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days chilled or at room temperature. If topped with whipped cream, store chilled.
Other Apple Desserts to Try
There are a myriad of ways to enjoy apple goodness in both sweet and savory dishes. A few recipes in the MSSK recipe index you may enjoy:
- Praline Apple Bread
- Southern Fried Apples
- Stuffed Crust Skillet Apple Pie
- Apple Roses from Pepperidge Farm
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Apple Butter Pie
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust frozen or homemade
- 3 5 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup apple butter purchased or homemade
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp apple pie spice or ground cinnamon plus additional for dusting the top
- 2 large eggs
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place crust in prepared deep dish pie pan. Set on baking sheet if needed to move in and out of oven easily.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together, 2 cans evaporated milk, apple butter, vanilla, sugar, eggs, apple pie spice or cinnamon and salt until blended.
- Whisk cornstarch into remaining evaporated milk until dissolved. Add to bowl, whisking until fully combined.
- Pour filling evenly in pie shell. Dust the top with additional apple pie spice or cinnamon.
- Place into the oven baking for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes OR until the center is set when gently shaken. Check halfway through baking and cover crust with foil, to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 4 hours to set. Serve topped with whipped cream and dusted with cinnamon, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container chilled or at room temperature for up to 3-5 days.