Treat yourself to a big piece of Apple Butter Pie for dessert. Topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon, it's a delicious way to add harvest flavors to your dessert table.
Apple Butter Pie
When the days grow shorter and there's a chilly breeze in the air, it's time to indulge in our favorite fall flavors. Whatever your pleasure, you could start the day with apple muffins for breakfast, caramel apple hand pies for on the go snacking, or apple crumb pie with ice cream for dessert.
Helpful Tips for Making Apple Butter Pie
- You can use a frozen or homemade pie crust for this pie. If you'd like to make your own checkout my recipe for flaky pie crust.
- The color of the pie may vary just a bit depending on the color of the apple butter used.
- You can use purchased or homemade apple butter for this recipe.
- Apple pie spice or cinnamon may be used for the filling. Adjust the amount depending on the level of spice in the particular apple butter used.
- I like to dust the top with additional cinnamon just before serving with whipped cream. This is optional and up to you, of course.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days chilled or at room temperature. If topped with whipped cream, store chilled.
Other Apple Desserts to Try
There are a myriad of ways to enjoy apple goodness in both sweet and savory dishes. A few recipes in the MSSK recipe index you may enjoy:
- Praline Apple Bread
- Southern Fried Apples
- Stuffed Crust Skillet Apple Pie
- Apple Roses from Pepperidge Farm
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Apple Butter Pie
Servings: 8 pieces
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust frozen or homemade
- 3 5 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup apple butter purchased or homemade
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon plus additional for dusting the top
- 2 large eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place crust in prepared deep dish pie pan. Set on baking sheet if needed to move in and out of oven easily.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together, 2 cans evaporated milk, apple butter, vanilla, sugar, eggs, apple pie spice or cinnamon and salt until blended.
- Whisk cornstarch into remaining evaporated milk until dissolved. Add to bowl, whisking until fully combined.
- Pour filling evenly in pie shell. Dust the top with additional apple pie spice or cinnamon.
- Place into the oven baking for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes OR until the center is set when gently shaken. Check halfway through baking and cover crust with foil, to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 4 hours to set. Serve topped with whipped cream and dusted with cinnamon, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container chilled or at room temperature for up to 3-5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
I love your recipes and have made quite a few. Some time ago I made a raisin pie from a raisin box my k mk it her-in-law had, it was wonderful. I have misplaced the recipe and wonder if you could help me. It wasn’t a name brand of raisin and recipes I’ve googled don’t have the same ingredients I remember. For some reason all I do remember is sour cream being included. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Cheryl
Hi Cheryl, I've had sour cream raisin pie, I will add that recipe to my every growing to do list. Thanks!
Would you please tell me what apple butter is and how to make it. is it the same as apple sauce?
I have a recipe for apple butter you can see here. It's somewhat like apple sauce, yet spiced accordingly.
I'VE NEVER HEARD OF AN APPLE BUTTER PIE,,,, BUT I'VE MADE PLENTY OF APPLE BUTTER LAYER CAKE,,,, I WILL TRY THE PIE RECIPE ,,,,, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING
Hi Carol, I hope you love it!