Layered Taco Dip is a game day and tailgating staple. Layers of refried beans, salsa, cheese and sour cream, are topped with shredded lettuce and more. Grab a bag, or two, of tortilla chips and snack your way through the game this weekend.
Layered Taco Dip
Layered taco, fiesta and Mexican dips are staple “grazing” foods. You know what I mean, they’re the kind of food that everyone goes for immediately at casual gatherings. Usually, you find yourself going back for more and more. Dips like slow cooker queso blanco, Mexican fiesta dip and hot pepper jack corn dip are just a few fan favorites in the MSSK recipe index. This taco dip can be served for a myriad of occasions and can be categorized in many ways. It’s a dip suitable for game day or race day snacks, or serve it as an anytime treat for backyard barbecues and parties with friends.
Variations and Ways to Personalize Taco Dip
- You can garnish with fresh diced Roma tomatoes in place of the salsa as a topping.
- If you’re making a batch of fresh pico de gallo for the topping, mix a bit in with the guacamole layer for texture. If time allows, make your own using my recipe for fresh guacamole.
- Add a bit of kick to the refried beans with hot sauces such as Cholula or Valentina’s.
- Serve this dip with a variety of chips, such as blue corn, and vegetable chips along with classic tortilla chips.
- Make this dip one day in advance to give the flavors time to marry.
When it comes to these types of dips, the variations are endless. It’s guaranteed crowd pleasin’ food. For more snacking inspiration, checkout my Parade article featuring 30 Quick and Easy Game Day Snacks.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Layered Taco Dip
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sour cream divided
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning adjust to your taste
- 1 16 oz jar chunky salsa Use mild/medium/hot your preference
- 1 16 oz container prepared guacamole or guacamole dip
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp ripe olives
- Spread refried beans In the bottom of a 2 quart dish.
- Use an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup sour cream and taco seasoning. Whip until creamy around 2-3 minutes. Spread over the refried beans.
- Spread the salsa over the cream cheese layer, reserving 1/4 cup for the top.
- Spread guacamole over the salsa, sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Arrange shredded lettuce around the edge, then garnish with 1/4 cup reserved salsa, 1/2 cup reserved sour cream, ripe olives and thinly sliced green onion.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
b) If you choose fresh tomatoes as a garnish, I recommend adding tomatoes just before serving, to prevent the juices from releasing and causing the dip to become watery.