Baked Layered Tex Mex Dip
- 1 [8 oz] softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mild/medium/hot chunky tomato salsa
- 2 cups shredded four cheese Mexican cheese divided
- 2/3 cup roasted tomatilla salsa
- 2 cups chili with beans
- tortilla chips for dipping
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese and tomato salsa until the cream cheese is smooth. About 2 minutes.
- Mix in 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix together just until blended. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the remaining shredded cheese.
- Spread the tomatilla salsa over the cream cheese, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the remaining shredded cheese.
- Spread the chili over the tomatilla layer, and sprinkle the last 1/3 of the shredded cheese on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped scallions on top for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I had leftover chili in my freezer from a recent batch of my Slow Cooked Southern Style Chili with Beans. I also made my own tomatilla salsa. For a time saver, the tomatilla salsa can be purchased at the grocery store. It's readily available in the Hispanic foods section of most grocery sto
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!