Baked Layered Tex Mex Dip
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: Approximately 1½-2 quarts
- 1 [8 oz] softened cream cheese
- ½ cup mild/medium/hot chunky tomato salsa
- 2 cups shredded four cheese Mexican cheese, divided
- ⅔ cup roasted tomatilla salsa
- 2 cups chili with beans
- tortilla chips for dipping
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese and tomato salsa until the cream cheese is smooth. About 2 minutes.
- Mix in ¾ cup of the shredded cheese. Mix together just until blended. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ⅓ of the remaining shredded cheese.
- Spread the tomatilla salsa over the cream cheese, and sprinkle with ⅓ of the remaining shredded cheese.
- Spread the chili over the tomatilla layer, and sprinkle the last ⅓ of the shredded cheese on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped scallions on top for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I had leftover chili in my freezer from a recent batch of my Slow Cooked Southern Style Chili with Beans. I also made my own tomatilla salsa. For a time saver, the tomatilla salsa can be purchased at the grocery store. It's readily available in the Hispanic foods section of most grocery sto