These crispy golden Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops are made using one of my favorite faux frying hacks. They’re coated in a Parmesan cheese and Panko breadcrumb breading, then drizzled with melted butter and baked until tender and juicy. The simple preparation and seasoned coating gives them all of the flavor and texture without the mess of conventional frying. It’s a winning combination.
Easy Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops Recipe
Oven frying seems to spark debate. Some believe it’s not fried if it’s not done on the stovetop or in a deep fryer of some sort. I simply don’t feel the same way. The implication with “oven frying” is that it alludes to the texture that baking gives without the oil, extra calories and messy clean-up. I mean, we’re talking about cooking, why spend time debating such things just grab a fork and dig in, right? I have several oven fried recipes on this site and they’re ALL uber popular so, I’m not alone in my love of this technique. We’re bonafide oven frying fans.
How to Make the Best Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops Recipe
This baked pork chop recipe features home cooking with a side of love and easy clean-up, too.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops: 1/2 inch thick boneless pork chops, large egg, garlic, salt, black pepper, whole milk, panko breadcrumbs, lemon pepper, onion powder, dry Italian seasoning, melted butter and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A sheet pan fitted with an oven safe rack or a broiler pan, shallow dishes, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater, fork or whisk to beat the egg, a small bowl to melt the butter and a tablespoon for drizzling the butter over the pork chops.
- Do you have to use a rack to bake pork chops ? I’ve prepared and tested these pork chops on several occasions, baking them directly on a baking sheet, on a baking sheet fitted with a baking rack and using a broiler pan. I recommend you use either a baking sheet fitted with and oven safe rack or a broiler pan as both allow air to circulate around the entire piece yielding a crispier exterior.
- How thick should the pork chops be? This recipe is designed for pork chops that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- How long do you bake pork chops in the oven? Using 1/2 inch pork chops they’ll take around 30-35 minutes to cook through. Adjust the baking time depending on the thickness. Naturally, thicker pork chops will take longer and thinner will need less time in the oven.
- Do you use boneless pork chops or bone-in pork chops? The bake time in this recipe is for boneless pork chops.
- How to bake bone-in pork chops in the oven: You can also make this same recipe using bone-in pork chops. They will take longer to bake, so test them with a thermometer looking for an internal temperature of 145°F.
- What can I serve with baked panko Parmesan pork chops? These pork chops are fantastic when served with mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese with a side of green beans and maybe a salad or deviled eggs. A pan of hot rolls on the side would be perfect.
- Store leftover pork chops chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave.
More Southern Style Oven Fried Recipes to Make
While oven frying isn’t technically frying, it provides a similar crispy texture that we all love. For that reason, you may also like to try:
- My Oven Fried Crispy Parmesan Chicken has a how-to video for your convenience.
- Crispy Firecracker Onion Rings skip the oil and bake crispy and delicious.
- Cheesy Oven Fried Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts are perfection for Italian night at home.
- Panko Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries are an all-time fan favorite for using fresh from the garden zucchini. just to name a few. They’re incredibly delicious and show-up regularly on my family’s menu, too.
- These breaded Potato Chip Bisquick Oven Fried Drumsticks from Noble Pig that are sure to thrill the kids.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- 8 1/2-inch thick boneless pork chops (around 6 oz each)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt divided plus additional
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter or light butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a baking rack with cooking spray. Line the baking sheet with foil, if desired.Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, 1/4 tsp garlic salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- On a plate mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, onion powder and dry Italian seasoning.
- Season each pork chop lightly with garlic salt, eyeball the amount, to your taste. Dip each into the egg wash.
- Dredge chops in seasoned breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs firmly onto each pork chop. Arrange on the baking rack.
- Drizzle each chop with melted butter. May use more butter, if desired or spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fork tender. To brown further, at the end of baking increase the oven temperature to broil.Turn once to brown both sides evenly.
- Rest for 5 minutes then serve.