Easy breakfast recipes are the best and it couldn't get any easier than these cute little Canadian Bacon Egg Cups. Made in a muffin pan, they're individually sized for easy serving.
Canadian Bacon Egg Cups Tips
Mornings are usually harried for our family with everyone darting to get to their destination on time. That's one of the reasons I started using my muffin pan to bake eggs in the oven.
- For these baked eggs, you'll start by lining a muffin tin with 2 slices of Canadian bacon. that are topped with one whole egg. A little salt and pepper and a sprinkle of cheese then it's oven time. Breakfast is served in a snap, It's as simple as that.
- You can bake these Canadian bacon egg cups to your desired firmness so adjust the 15-20 minutes range cooking time to your preference. My family doesn't enjoy runny eggs so 18-20 minutes is just right for them. That's the beauty of this simple dish, it's low stress and you can personalize it to your preference.
- If you're cutting back on carbs, enjoy these baked eggs as is or with a drizzle of my Easy Blender Hollandaise if you like.
- Otherwise, stuff onto a hot buttermilk biscuit, an angel biscuits or a toasted buttered English muffin and you won't be tempted to hit the drive through.
What Is Canadian Bacon Anyway?
Every time I publish a recipe using Canadian bacon for some reason people sense the need to school me on what Canadians call bacon. I find it rather amusing, actually, as we all know this Canadian bacon is basically small rounds of ham and not pea meal bacon which is commonly eaten by our Canadian neighbors. No schooling needed. As far as I'm concerned, no matter what it's called, it's all delicious.
- So, if you have leftover ham from a special meal, you can certainly adapt this egg recipe by thinly slicing it and using it instead. Cooking is all about improvising and making the best of the ingredients that you have on hand. After all, it's who you're sharing the meal with that counts the most.
- You may also love my recipe for Open Faced Canadian Bacon Egg Rolls.
- These quick and easy Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins.
- For a special brunch these Loaded Bacon and Egg Hash Brown Muffins always hit the spot.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Canadian Bacon Egg Cups
- 6 large eggs
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven tp 350°F. Spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Fit 2 pieces of Canadian bacon into each muffin cup, overlapping on the bottom.
- Carefully crack one egg into each cup. Season each with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle each egg with freshly shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set to your preference.
- Carefully lift from the muffin tin with a spatula Serve immediately.