These simple Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins are a tasty way to kick start your day. They're easy to make and come ready-made in individual servings. They can be personalized to suit your taste using cooked sausage, diced ham, or mushrooms for a meatless version if that's your pleasure.
Easy Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins Recipe
The incredible egg just never gets old. It's amazing how versatile they are and for me, they make a meal any time of the day. Whoever started the saying "Real men don't eat quiche" never met my boys, they love quiche, egg muffins breakfast casseroles and brunch bakes. I make these individual egg muffins often for many reasons not the least of which, they're super simple to make and the mix-ins can easily be personalized o your personal taste.
How to Make the Best Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make easy egg muffins recipe: Large eggs, half and half or heavy cream, salt, black pepper, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder or granulated garlic, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, fresh baby spinach leaves, self rising flour or biscuit mix i.e. Bisquick and diced red bell pepper
- After whisking together the eggs until fully incorporated with the seasonings, stir in the remaining ingredients by hand using a large spoon or spatula. If not, the ingredients may get trapped in the whisk.
- The self rising flour or biscuit mix helps stabilize the filling and gives them a hearty texture. You can omit if you want to keep these gluten free. When doing so, the baking time will need adjusting, it may take a little longer for the egg muffins to set.
- When dividing among the muffin cups, try to make sure the mix-ins evenly distribute among each muffin. Use a scoop or a measuring cup to divide the egg mixture for even baking.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top then bake until puffed and golden.
- These egg muffins reheat well too, so they're handy and waiting for your hungry eaters when they're ready to eat. Reheat them on 50% power in the microwave in single servings.
- You can store baked breakfast egg muffins then cool and place into an airtight container and into the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Lay a piece of paper towel in the bottom of the container to absorb any condensation that may form.
- You can free bacon spinach egg muffins for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator then reheat gently in the microwave.
Other Egg Recipes to Add to Make
Eggs are family friendly and the affordability makes them fantastic for keeping your grocery budget on track. Plus, who doesn't love breakfast for dinner once in a while. Other Southern style recipes using eggs you may like to try:
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach Bacon and Eggs can be assembled in advance then baked when you're ready to eat.
- Skip the mayo in this Avocado Egg Salad for serving on a bed of spinach or stuffed into a delicious slicer roll.
- Made for mornings Canadian Bacon Egg Cups are another busy day option the family will love.
- If you're a fan of all things egg, checkout this tutorial for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs from Spend with Pennies.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 teaspoon plain or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon granulsted garlic
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup self-rising flour or biscuit mix [i.e. Bisquick]
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced pimento or red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and seasonings.
- Add the remaining ingredients reserving ½ cup shredded cheese for the tops. Mix using a larg spoon or spatyla until the mix-in ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide between the muffin cups. Depending on how you divide the mixture, you may be able to yield more.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- Serve immediately.