These simple Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins are a tasty way to kick start your day. They're easy to make and come ready-made in individual servings. They can be personalized to suit your taste using cooked sausage, diced ham, or mushrooms for a meatless version if that's your pleasure.
Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins
The incredible egg just never gets old. It's amazing how versatile they are and for me, they make a meal any time of the day. Whoever started the saying "Real men don't eat quiche" never met my boys, they love quiche, egg muffins breakfast casseroles and brunch bakes. I make these individual egg muffins often for many reasons not the least of which, they're super simple to make and the mix-ins can easily be personalized o your personal taste.
Helpful Tips for Making Egg Muffins
After whisking together the eggs and seasonings, stir in the remaining ingredients by hand. When dividing among the muffin cups, try to make sure the mix-ins evenly distribute among each muffin. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top then bake until puffed and golden. These egg muffins reheat well too, so they're handy and waiting for your hungry eaters when they're ready to eat.
Other Egg Recipes to Add to the Menu
Eggs are family friendly and the affordability makes them fantastic for keeping your grocery budget on track. Plus, who doesn't love breakfast for dinner once in a while. Other egg recipes you may like to try:
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach Bacon and Eggs can be assembled in advance then baked when you're ready to eat.
- Skip the mayo in this Avocado Egg Salad.
- Made for mornings Canadian Bacon Egg Cups.
- If you're a fan of all things egg, checkout this tutorial for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs from Spend with Pennies.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 tsp plain or seasoned salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup self-rising flour or biscuit mix [i.e. Bisquick]
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced pimento or red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and seasonings.
- Add the remaining ingredients reserving ½ cup shredded cheese for the tops. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide between the muffin cups. Depending on how you divide the mixture, you may be able to yield more.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining shredded cheese and bake for 25-27 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Serve immediately.