Simple and irresistible desserts like this Cherry Pie Fluff recipe are a must-make for any special occasion. Be it a casual gathering with friends and family, a warm weather patio party or a holiday celebration, this sweet cherry fluff will fit the bill.
Easy Cherry Pie Fluff Recipe
Fluff recipes are one of those sweet inspirations that appeals to all ages. Pistachio fluff a.k.a. Watergate Salad, was all the rave in the 70’s and made by home cooks all over the country. Needless to say, fluff recipes are a beloved dessert that has been made in a variety of flavor combinations in Southern kitchens for decades. That fact elevates it to a nostalgic dish for many including myself.
How to Make the Best Cherry Pie Fluff
This cherry pie fluff recipe will have you returning to it over and over again. Perhaps, it’s the simple preparation as well as easy to find ingredients that continues the popularity of fluff desserts. Cherry pie fluff is often associated with holiday parties here in the South, but I say it’s way too delicious to limit to just that time of year and should be enjoyed year-round. Voila, dessert is served, it doesn’t get any better than that.
- How do you make Cherry Pie Fluff? For this recipe you’ll need a large mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons and a hand mixer or a stand mixer to combine the ingredients. You’ll also need a sheet pan to toast the pecans prior to adding them to the fluff.
- Is cherry fluff a dessert or a salad? These sorts of fluff recipes seem to always spark that debate. In my opinion in can be served either way, as a side dish or an easy dessert.
- How long can you store Cherry Fluff? This fluff recipe will keep chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, possibly a couple of days longer if stored properly. It likely won’t last that long.
- How long should you chill Cherry Pie Fluff before serving? While it only takes minutes to make, it’s important to chill thoroughly for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to blend until serving.
- Store leftover fluff in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Other Easy Fluff Recipes to Add to the Menu
I have other easy fluff recipes here on my website in the Recipe Index that you may like to try as well.
- Island inspired Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Fluff.
- A fall favorite my recipe for Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Apple Fluff is rich and decadent.
- Pistachio Fluff a.k.a. Watergate Salad is a vintage fluff recipe that’s delicious to the very last spoonful
- Blueberry Fluff recipe from Bread Booze and Bacon.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cherry Pie Fluff
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts toasted
- 1 20 oz can premium cherry pie filling
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- maraschino cherries for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread chopped nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes, then cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, using a large spoon or spatula, mix together the cherry pie filling, drained pineapple, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract.
- Fold in 1 container plus 1/2 of whipped topping and toasted nuts by hand. Reserve remaining 1/2 container whipped topping and 1 Tbsp toasted nuts for garnishing. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Before serving garnish with reserved whipped topping, chopped nuts and maraschino cherries.