This easy Banana Pudding Dip recipe is a twist on one of the all-time quintessential Southern desserts. It comes together in a snap and can be served with nilla wafers, Chessmen cookies or graham crackers for dipping.
Easy Banana Pudding Dip Recipe
This dessert is so easy it takes fruit dips to a whole new level. How do you make Banana Pudding Dip? This dip recipe is designed to be easy so it begins with instant pudding whipped with half and half for extra creaminess. Add in Neufchatel cream cheese and a heaping helping of mini marshmallows mixing to combine. Next, fold in whipped topping, bananas and vanilla extract then chill until serving.
How to Make the Best Banana Pudding Dip Recipe
This easy dip recipe is a fantastic option to add to the menu especially handy when you’re plans include several desserts. Two bites desserts give the sweets fans the opportunity to try several whether it’s for game day snacks, the holidays or picnics alongside cookies and brownies.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Banana Pudding Dip: One box instant vanilla pudding mix, one box instant banana pudding mix, half and half or whole milk, Neufchatel cheese or plain cream cheese, vanilla extract, bananas, nilla wafers, mini marshmallows, frozen whipped topping.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, a large bowl, rubber spatula or spoon for stirring, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and cutting board.
- I prefer the flavor of mixing vanilla and banana flavored pudding mix. The vanilla balances the banana flavor.
- Why marshmallows? This dip is a riff on fluff recipes and the marshmallows add texture to the dip. They soften and become fluffy little pockets of sweetness.
- If you like, you could dip any cookie into this Banana Pudding Dip. Graham crackers could work, shortbread cookies or Chessmen cookies from Pepperidge Farm.
- I recommend making this dessert several hours prior to serving it, rather than days ahead of time. Keep it in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator to prevent premature browning of the bananas. Make a special effort to ensure all of the bananas are hidden in the pudding.
- Store Banana Pudding Dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- More Banana Pudding Desserts from the recipe index: Meringue topped Old Fashioned Banana Pudding and fusion cake Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake. For tailgating and picnics you can’t go wrong with my Banana Pudding Cupcakes. If you’re looking to really “wow” your family and friends my mile high three layer Banana Pudding Layer Cake is a show stopper.
More Easy Dessert Recipes to Make
Regardless of the occasion, easy desserts should always be on the menu. More deliciously easy dessert recipes you may also like to try:
- Cherry Pie Fluff is a terrific no cook dessert option of the holidays, for picnics or even brunch.
- This creamy Easy Fruit Dip recipe served with assorted fruit for dipping is ideal for any gathering.
- Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Apple Fluff has chopped Snickers Bars hidden inside.
- Millionaire Pie is a vintage pie that everyone loves.
- Island inspired Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Fluff.
- Ambrosia is my spin on a Southern favorite.
- Chocolate Dip from A Latte Food.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Banana Pudding Dip
- 1 3.4 oz box instant banana pudding
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups half & half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz block Neufchatel or regular cream cheese, softened
- 4 medium bananas cubed
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup roughly crushed vanilla wafers
- Whole vanilla wafers for dipping
- Using a stand or hand mixer whip together both pudding mixes with the half and half and vanilla until thickened but still pourable.
- Add the softened cream cheese and continue to whip until completely smooth.
- By hand, mix in the banana clunks, marshmallows, 2/3 whipped topping and crushed vanilla wafers. Reserve 1 Tbsp crushed vanilla wafers to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into a serving dish and frost the top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish with vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Refrigerate covered for 2-4 hours before serving with whole vanilla wafers for dipping.