This oh-so-easy Banana Pudding Dip is a twist on one of my all-time favorite quintessential Southern desserts. It's one more way for me to explore my obsession with banana pudding and bite-size desserts all in one. It's a recipe that's meant to be easy by design so it begins with pudding mixes, made with half and half for extra creaminess, then whipped with cream cheese, fluffy whipped topping to gild the lily and a heaping helping of mini marshmallows. Serve it with vanilla wafers and watch your family and friends gobble it up in one sitting.
Banana Pudding Dip is Perfect for Bite Size Snacking
This dessert is so easy it takes fruit dips to a whole new level. Banana pudding and pound cakes are two of my earliest dessert memories as a little girl. My Mom and Grandma's made them both with absolute excellence and just as I have several versions here on my website, so did they depending on the occasion. Perhaps you're familiar with meringue topped old fashioned banana pudding, or my fusion dessert banana pudding cream cheese pound cake. Always a favorite at tailgating and picnics are my banana pudding cupcakes. If you're looking to really "wow" your family and friends my mile high banana pudding layer cake is a show stopper.
Banana Pudding Dip Making Tips
I recommend that this dessert, like all others that use fresh bananas, should be made the day you plan on serving it for the best results. This is ideal, due to the oxidation of the bananas. It's fantastic to add to your menu when you plan on serving several desserts making it easier for sweets fans to enjoy a bite of each one or for game day eats alongside cookies and brownies. Other delicious recipes to checkout is this party ready Picnic Banana Pudding and delicious Banana Pudding Cookies.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Serving Bowl
- Family Size Picnic Insulated Bag
- Glass Tulip Sundae and Dessert Cups
Banana Pudding Dip
- 1 3.4 oz box instant banana pudding
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups half & half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz block Neufchatel or regular cream cheese, softened
- 4 medium bananas cubed
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup roughly crushed vanilla wafers
- Whole vanilla wafers for dipping
- Using a stand or hand mixer whip together both pudding mixes with the half and half and vanilla until thickened but still pourable.
- Add the softened cream cheese and continue to whip until completely smooth.
- By hand, mix in the banana clunks, marshmallows, ⅔ whipped topping and crushed vanilla wafers. Reserve 1 Tbsp crushed vanilla wafers to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into a serving dish and frost the top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish with vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Refrigerate covered for 2-4 hours before serving with whole vanilla wafers for dipping.