This Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli recipe is one of those fast and filling family-pleasing meals. To make it, pizza dough is stuffed with rotisserie chicken, crumbled black-pepper bacon, and plenty of cheese all drizzled with creamy ranch dressing. Brush the dough with butter then roll it up and bake until golden. It's a family-style stromboli that always satisfies.
Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli Recipe
We're huge fans of pretty much any type of Italian food. Be it pasta with a red or creamy Alfredo sauce, grilled seafood, Italian seasoned lemon chicken, sweet Italian sausage pizza or a simple caprese salad, it's one of my go-to cuisines when I'm in a pinch. My family's love of Italian food is what gave wings to this rather unconventional chicken, bacon and ranch twist on an Italian stromboli. Well that, and a Costco rotisserie chicken.
How to Make the Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli Recipe
It would be a rare occasion if I stopped by our local Costco and didn't leave with one of their big and beautiful rotisserie chickens. They are my absolute favorite prepared chickens and and incredible value, too. I turn them into so many quick meals for my busy family and they always satisfy. This chicken bacon ranch stromboli is a regular rotation in my kitchen and there's never a piece left over.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli: Refrigerated pizza dough, (i.e. Pillsbury Classic or similar) chopped rotisserie chicken, cooked and crumbled bacon, chive and onion cream cheese, garlic salt, bottled Ranch salad dressing such as Hidden Valley Ranch or similar, shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, melted butter and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large baking sheet, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a skillet to cook the bacon, cheese grater, small bowl to melt the butter and a pastry brush.
- For this stromboli recipe you can use a refrigerated pizza dough, which bakes quickly and is designed to do so. Trust me, no one will know you took a shortcut.
- I like using colby jack cheese in this recipe but it could certainly be adapted using what you have on hand.
- You can add pickled jalapenos to the mix if you like spicy foods.
- If you prefer, a half recipe of my homemade pizza dough, will work. Make certain that you roll it super thin so it'll bake all the way through.
- When using homemade dough, the baking time may also need to be adjusted.
- Store leftover Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave in single servings.
More Southern Style Stromboli Recipes to Make
My family loves these kinds of casual meals and I have several more stromboli recipes you may also like to try:
- Skip the buns and serve this Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli instead.
- Italian Sausage Stromboli can be made with mild or hot Italian sausage.
- Chicken Parmesan Stromboli can be made with rotisserie chicken or cooked breaded chicken tenders.
- Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli is a delicious for game day and casual meals.
- Another fun stromboli recipe you may enjoy is this Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Stromboli from A Dash of Sanity.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli
- 1 13. 8 oz can refrigerated Classic Pizza dough or ½ recipe homemade
Pizza Dough(See Cook's notes)
- 4 oz Chive & Onion cream cheese softened
- 3 cups shredded Colby-Jack or sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 2-3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 6 slices black-pepper bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup prepared Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside,
- On a non-stick surface or silpat, press the dough into roughly a 12 x 16-inch rectangle.
- Spread from end to end with the softened cream cheese. Sprinkle with ½ of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange the chopped chicken over the cheese and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle with Ranch dressing. You may need more or less, the amount is approximate. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Begin to roll starting with the widest edge ending seam side down. Shape and stretch the dough as you roll.
- Brush with melted butter on all sides. Sprinkle with garlic salt and grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Rest on the counter for 5 minutes then slice into desired size portions and serve.