I’m a firm believer that food doesn’t have to be fancy to be good. This Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Pie is one such example. It’s filled with rotisserie chicken, crumbled bacon and a drizzle of ranch dressing held together with lots of cheese. All wrapped-up in crescent dough then baked until the top is golden and crispy. It’s a family pleasing dish perfect for busy day meals that won’t break the bank.
This crescent chicken pie is a default meal at our house. I almost never leave our local Costco without a rotisserie chicken and that’s what I use to make this dish. Rotisserie chicken is the perfect beginning for so many quick dinners and thankfully, my family never complains about how often it makes an appearance on our dinner table. If you’d like to save calories, this pie works well using lighter crescent rolls, low fat onion and chive cream cheese, shredded cheese and even light ranch dressing. Serve it fresh from the oven with a big salad filled with fresh vegetables and it’s dinner time in no time.
See it at The Weekend Potluck here
Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Pie
- 1 8 oz can crescent dinner rolls, separated
- 4 oz Chive & Onion cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup prepared Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 3 green onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Separate the crescent rolls into 8 pieces Lay in a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with the tips hanging over the side and the wider edge on the bottom of the pie plate. Press the crescent dough evenly onto the bottom and half way up the sides of the dish.
- Spread with softened cream cheese. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Arrange the chicken and crumbled bacon over the cheese then drizzle with Ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle the green onion and remaining cheese on top.
- Fold the triangles over the filling. Pinch together in the middle.
- Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and season with garlic salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes then cut and serve.