This easy Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe is practically a meal all on its own. It’s packed with layers of fiesta flavors and plenty of cheese. After baking, garnish the top with homemade pico de gallo and it’s a party.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
Dips are a year-round sensation at our house. On game day, race day, or even movie night it’s imperative that I have dips available for munching. It features all of the flavors you’d enjoy in enchiladas only in the form of a dip. Serve this dip just as you would any other with tortilla chips, garlic bread, crackers, Fritos scoops or potato chips. How do you make this easy Chicken Enchilada Dip: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Creamed Ingredients – Use a mixer to whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, enchilada sauce, garlic powder, cumin and onion powder for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Chicken and Shredded Cheese – Mix-in the 1/2 of the shredded cheese, chopped chicken, green chiles and green onions by hand.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish then sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven per the recipe until bubbly.
- Garnish – Garnish with additional green onion and pico de gallo, if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
How to Make the BEST Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chicken Enchilada Dip: Chopped cooked chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, enchilada sauce, green chiles, garlic powder or granulated garlic, onion powder, cumin, shredded colby jack cheese and chopped green onions.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large bowl, hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and chopping board, cheese grater, 13 x 9 inch baking dish or similar size oven safe skillet.
- You can use leftover grilled chicken, roasted chicken, or poached chicken for this dip.
- If you’d like to add a bit of spice you can swap out pepper jack cheese for the colby jack cheese. You may also opt to use cheddar cheese in place of colby jack cheese.
- Apart from flavor, one advantage with this dip is that you can assemble it one day in advance then cover it with plastic wrap and chill until you’re ready to eat. There’s nothing like having party food prepared in advance to lower the stress level when entertaining family and friends. It’s then ready for baking just before serving.
- When doing so, allow it 15-20 minutes on the counter to warm to room temperature prior to baking. You can also lengthen the baking time to be certain it’s heated through.
- Store baked Chicken Enchilada Dip chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven or in single servings in the microwave.
More Easy Dip Recipes to Make
Other fun make ahead dips you might like to make, that are just like this chicken enchilada dip. They’re creamy and delicious and not a scoop is ever leftover.
- My Hot Crab Dip is a fabulous way to serve crab to a crowd.
- Fully Loaded Hot Pimento Cheese Dip takes classic pimento cheese to another level.
- Zesty Bacon Parmesan Dip can be whipped up in no time flat for impromptu gatherings.
- Layered Italian Bean Dip a riff on classic bean dip.
- This BLT Dip features all of the familiar flavors we all love.
- Gooey Three Cheesesteak Dip is packed with flavor.
- Avocado Dip Recipe from Dinner at the Zoo.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cup shredded colby-jack or pepper-jack cheese divided
- 2 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 6 medium green onions finely chopped
- tortilla chips or vegetables for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, enchilada sauce, garlic powder, cumin and onion powder for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Mix-in the 1/2 of the shredded cheese, chopped chicken, green chiles and green onion by hand.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with additional green onions and pico de gallo, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.