Layered Italian Cannellini Bean Dip
- 1 [8 oz] cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp prepared basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend divided
- 1 [7 oz] jar roasted red peppers well drained
- 1-2 Tbsp red cherry pepper hoagie spread [*see cooks note below]
- 1 [15 oz] can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan-Peppercorn salad dressing [I used Ken's Light Options]
- 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil thinly sliced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- assorted crackers: pita chips toasted sliced baguette, or fresh veggies for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the softened cream cheese on the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Spread the prepared basil pesto over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the shredded Italian cheese blend.
- In a food processor, roughly chop the drained roasted red peppers with the hoagie spread. Add more or less hoagie spread until the desired level of heat is reached.
- Dollop over the pesto, then spread evenly. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend.
- In the food processor, pulse the cannellini beans with 1/3 cup Parmesan-Peppercorn salad dressing.
- Season with additional salt and black pepper to your taste. Spread evenly over the roasted red peppers.
- Sprinkle the top with 2 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese and the remaining shredded Italian cheese blend.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve warm.
*Hoagie spread is a hot cherry pepper spread that's often served on Italian subs and sandwiches. It packs a decent amount of heat, so, add one tablespoon at a time, then taste and adjust to your personal preference.