This Hot Pepper Jack Crab Dip is a delectable option for your next special occasion. After baking until it's gooey and golden serve it with pita chips, crostini or crackers for dipping.
Hot Pepper Jack Crab Dip Recipe
Helpful Tips for Making Crab Dip
- This dip can be assembled one day in advance, covered and chilled. Allow it to sit on the counter for 15 minutes and adjust the baking time, if needed. It's best baked just before serving, and assembling in advance allows the flavors to develop even more intensely.
- Adapt the flavor of cheese to suit your taste. Monterey jack, Gruyere or a sharp white cheddar works well, too.
- Use quality fresh crab meat for the best result. If you're serving crab, it may as well be good crab meat and not an imitation.
- Serve this dip warm with pita chips, tortilla chips, garlic bread or even vegetables for a true five star treat.
Other Appetizers You may Like to Try that Feature Crab as an Ingredient
My friends and family typically love finger foods of all kinds. When crab is on the menu, you may like to try my recipe for crab hush puppies with comeback sauce for dipping. I also love making these Parmesan crusted crab cake bites for holiday parties. This crab pie recipe from Southern Living would be fantastic for your next brunch.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Hot Pepper Jack Crab Dip
- 12 oz jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 8 oz onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning i.e. Old Bay or Seafood Magic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese divided
- 4 oz chopped pimento well drained
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onion finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp hot sauce adjust to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spritz a 1 ½ quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Fold in the crab meat, 2 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese, drained pimento, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped green onion, minced garlic and hot sauce.
- Pour into the baking dish and top with the remaining shredded pepper-jack cheese. Sprinkle the top lightly with additional seafood seasoning.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, garlic bread or pita crisps for dipping.