Start your morning with this Sunrise Stromboli filled with the classic breakfast flavors we all love. Baked until golden it’s fitting for both a special holiday brunch or weekday breakfast on-the-run.
We’ve all heard it said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I completely concur, with one small caveat. I actually think breakfast is tasty any time of day. When I was given the opportunity to develop a recipe using Eggland’s Best Eggs, it seemed like a great chance to showcase a product I really enjoy.
Why Eggland’s Best?
These are the eggs that I regularly cook with and here’s why; Eggland’s Best Eggs are typically delivered fresh from the farm to the supermarket within 3 days. Compared to ordinary eggs, they have 25% less saturated fat, double the Omega 3, ten times more Vitamin E, and are subjected to stringent quality assurance testing. I’m delighted to partner with Eggland’s Best Eggs to share this recipe with you for a simple and scrumptious Sunrise Stromboli.
The Sky’s the Limit with Ingredient Variations
When making dishes like this stromboli you can adapt to your taste or the ingredients you have on hand. If you prefer diced ham or sausage in place of the bacon or pancetta, go for it! If you’d like to use a different cheese, you can certainly go that route as well. Vegetarian versions would be terrific with your favorite sauteed vegetables added to the mix in place of the protein.
Why Prepared Pizza Dough?
I actually love making my own homemade pizza dough and do so often. For this dish I chose refrigerated dough for two reasons. The first being, it’s convenient and inexpensive. Secondly. it bakes all the way through so there’s no need to worry about gooey dough in the center. Trust me, this stromboli turns out so delicious no one will know or care that you didn’t make the dough yourself.
Brush with butter then bake until golden!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Eggland’s Best . The opinions and text are all mine.
- 8 large Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 5 Tbsp butter divided
- 1 13.4 oz classic refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- 8 oz pancetta or bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together the Eggland's Best Eggs with 1/4 cup of half & half until light and fluffy. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- In a medium-size skillet on the stovetop, melt 2 Tbsp of butter. Add the beaten eggs and chopped chives to the pan.
- Gently cook over medium heat until soft scrambled. Remove from the stove and cool.
- Press the pizza dough into roughly a 10 x 13 inch rectangle.
- Melt the remaining butter. Brush the top of the dough lightly with butter from edge to edge. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella-provolone blend cheese over the dough. Arrange the scrambled eggs over the entire surface of the dough. Sprinkle the crumbled pancetta or bacon over the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese.
- Begin to roll starting with the widest edge.
- Roll and shape the stromboli ending seam side down tucking the ends under. Carefully transfer to the baking sheet.
- Brush the top and sides of the stromboli with the remaining melted butter. Season with dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt and onion powder. Lastly, sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18 minutes or until the top is golden. Rest for 5 minutes on the counter before slicing into 1" portions.