Make these delicious and easy salsa verde Chicken Street Tacos in an Air Fryer! Top them with your favorite taco fixings and it's a fiesta night for supper at home. I've included, grilling and oven instructions, too.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Street Tacos Recipe
This recipe can be made in an air fryer, on a grill pan indoors, on the grill outdoors. The chicken for this recipe could even be roasted. You will need the following supplies: Air Fryer, tortilla warmer or skillet, chopping board and sharp knife, measuring cups and spoons, and a large Ziploc bag for the marinade.
How to Make the Best Chicken Street Tacos Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make this easy Chicken Street Tacos recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: You could also use chicken thighs, pork, or beef for this recipe.
- Salsa Verde: Salsa verde can be found in most grocery stores in the salsa section. You can also use green enchilada sauce.
- 4 inch tortillas: You can use either corn or flour tortillas according to personal preference. The important thing is the size, if they are larger than 4 inches the recipe will make fewer tacos.
- Guacamole: Either homemade or store bought will work in this recipe.
- Sour cream: If you don’t have any sour cream, plain Greek yogurt is a great substitute.
- Pico de Gallo: Regular salsa can be used instead if you don’t have Pico de Gallo. There is also the option of making homemade Pico.
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cotija cheese: Feta cheese is a great option if you can’t find this cotija cheese. You can also use queso fresco.
- Lime: Lemon juice can also be used. It is best to use fresh limes (or lemons) for this recipe, but it’s not completely necessary to have fresh citrus.
- The best way to store leftover tacos is to keep all of the ingredients separate. Store the various toppings in their own Ziploc bags and keep cooked chicken in an airtight container.
- The chicken will be good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 1 month. The guacamole might only last a couple of days due to oxidation.
- More condiments and topping ideas for easy chicken street tacos: These street tacos are packed full of delicious ingredients, but you could also add some roasted sweet corn salsa, hot sauce, pineapple mango salsa, jalapeno ranch dressing, radishes, or thinly shredded iceberg lettuce. Feel free to personalize as much as you want!
More Delicious Tacos Recipes to Make
While obviously tacos aren't inherently Southern we do love them in the South! More taco inspired recipes you may like to try:
- Cheese Stuffed Taco Meatloaf is stuffed with pepper jack cheese that makes it ooey gooey good.
- These Easy Chicken Taco Pinwheels are always the first to go.
- Open faced Taco Stuffed Bread is filled with seasoned ground beef and can be topped how you like it.
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos is crispy and golden with a flavorful batter that sets them apart.
- You may have everything you need in your pantry to make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning.
- Pork Tacos from Inspired Taste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Street Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts OR boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup salsa verde (premade)
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt may adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic OR 2 cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- For serving:
- 10 warm white or yellow corn tortillas
- suggested toppings: pico de gallo, sour cream, sliced radish, avocado or guacamole, cotija cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges
- Place chicken into a large ziploc bag or shallow glass dish. In a stand blender, blend together together orange juice, salsa verde, lime juice, olive oil, salt, cumin, oregano, garlic, onion powder and cilantro. (If you don't care for cilantro, you may omit.}
- Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag, or cover dish and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To Air Fry: Preheat the air fryer to 360°F. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and discard marinade. Lightly spritz basket of air fryer and arrange chicken leaving room for air to circulate. Cook for 9 minutes, then turn. Continue to cook another 9 minutes
- To Grill: Oil grill grates and preheat to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade and place onto grill. Cook for 4 minutes per side until juices run clear or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached and juices run clear. Let stand for 5 minutes, then shred using two forks.
- To Roast: Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush a small sheet pan with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached and juices run clear. You may char further at the end of cooking under the broiler. Let stand for 5 minutes, then shred using two forks.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave, or brushed with oil for 2 minutes in a hot skillet on the stove top or on the hot grill.
- Divide chicken between warmed tortillas. Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.