This post originally brought to you by Ortega®
Enjoy these Chili Lime Skirt Steak Tacos with Avocado Cream for a delicious quick meal option that's suitable for a weekday meal or a laid back week-end fiesta. Skirt steak provides a tasty option for steak tacos, and after coating the meat with a flavorful rub, the only thing left to do is the grillin' and chilin.'
Chili Lime Skirt Steak Tacos with Avocado Cream
Ortega has introduced a new flat bottomed crispy corn taco called Ortega® Fiesta Flats.™ When they reached out to ask if I would try them and develop a recipe using them our favorite skirt steak tacos immediately came to mind. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo too so, the timing couldn't have been better.
- What my family loves about flat shells is, that once you fill them, all of the goodies stay inside the shell. They are a bit reminiscent of an open faced taco. You can of course, use any crunchy taco shell to create your own skirt steak tacos.
- We filled ours with grilled chili-lime skirt steak, shredded lettuce and cheese plus a few our favorite taco toppings. For the crowning touch, a generous dollop of avocado cream on top.
- Other options for topping your tacos: a batch of homemade pico de gallo, fresh guacamole or a side of layered taco dip for munching.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Enameled Cast Iron Skillet/Casserole
- Large Stainless Steel Turning Spatula
- Food Chopper
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ortega. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Chili Lime Skirt Steak Tacos With Avocado Cream
- 8 Ortega® Fiesta Flats™ OR crunchy taco shells
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1 Tbsp dark chili powder
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 ½ tsp fresh lime juice divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp garlic salt divided
- 2 medium Haas avocados
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- Assorted toppings: shredded lettuce shredded Colby-jack cheese, pico de gallo, avocado cream
- Rinse and pat dry the skirt steak.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dark chili powder, 1 Tbsp lime juice, olive oil, cumin and ½ tsp garlic salt until it forms a paste.
- Rub over the skirt steak then put into a storage bag to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To prepare: Oil a stovetop grill pan with a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Heat to high.
- Sear the steak then lower the temperature to medium and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill pan to a cutting board and rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak rests, peel and pit the avocados.
- Mix with 3 Tbsp of sour cream, 1 ½ tsp lime juice and ¼ tsp garlic salt.
- Carve the skirt steak across the grain, then build on the Ortega® Fiesta Flats™ using your favorite toppings.
- Serve immediately.