These beautifully charred Grilled Steak Tacos With Cilantro Lime Crema will turn any meal into a homemade fiesta. Celebrate South-of-the-border flavors for dinner tonight.
Grilled Steak Tacos With Cilantro Lime Crema
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Cilantro-Lime Crema:
- 2/3 cup crema i.e. Cacique
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Assorted toppings: Queso fresco cilantro-lime crema, taco sauce, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onion slices, crumbled pickled jalapeno slices
- Marinade: Mix together the taco seasoning, lime juice and vegetable oil. Stir until fully blended and the seasoning has dissolved. Place the meat into a plastic storage bag and pour the marinade on top. Shake making sure the marinade covers all sides of the meat. Marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Mix together all ingredients for the crema, cover and chill thoroughly.
- To grill the steak: Remove the steak from the plastic bag and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steaks on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or to your desired level of doneness.
- Rest covered loosely with aluminum foil for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Serve with warm grilled tortillas or crispy taco shells and assorted toppings of your choice.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of cilantro-lime crema.
Crema has a milder taste compared to sour cream. It's found alongside the speciality Mexican cheeses in the dairy section of most grocery stores. If you can't find it, sour cream always works.