These beautifully charred Grilled Steak Tacos With Cilantro Lime Crema will turn any meal into a homemade fiesta. Celebrate South-of-the-border flavors for dinner tonight.
Grilled Steak Tacos With Cilantro Lime Crema
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Cilantro-Lime Crema:
- ⅔ cup crema i.e. Cacique
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Assorted toppings: Queso fresco cilantro-lime crema, taco sauce, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onion slices, crumbled pickled jalapeno slices
- Marinade: Mix together the taco seasoning, lime juice and vegetable oil. Stir until fully blended and the seasoning has dissolved. Place the meat into a plastic storage bag and pour the marinade on top. Shake making sure the marinade covers all sides of the meat. Marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Mix together all ingredients for the crema, cover and chill thoroughly.
- To grill the steak: Remove the steak from the plastic bag and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steaks on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or to your desired level of doneness.
- Rest covered loosely with aluminum foil for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Serve with warm grilled tortillas or crispy taco shells and assorted toppings of your choice.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of cilantro-lime crema.
Crema has a milder taste compared to sour cream. It's found alongside the speciality Mexican cheeses in the dairy section of most grocery stores. If you can't find it, sour cream always works.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 187IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg