Grilled Steak Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema
When we have tacos, they're most often filled with something other than ground beef. These steak tacos are kicked-up with a homemade cilantro lime crema. I know crema sounds as if it's an ingredient that's hard to find but, it's usually found with ease at most grocery stores including Walmart. It has a pleasing smooth texture and mild flavor that adds authenticity to the toppings.
Use Quality Ingredients for the Best Steak Tacos
I usually make all of my marinades completely from scratch, but, being in a hurry, I turned to a pre-mixed seasoning blend to simplify preparation. Using a good quality taco or fiesta seasoning, olive oil and lime juice was all it took to make this meat flavorful and ready to be grilled. These tacos can be prepared on a grill pan on the stovetop or outdoors, the choice is yours. I was actually pleased with the results and it simplified my mealtime plans. Let the steak marinate overnight then grill it to your desired level of doneness. No two people like their steaks cooked exactly the same for us we all enjoy medium. Enjoy succulent, tender, steak strips wrapped in tortillas topped with your favorite fixin's just like we do at our house. You may also enjoy these Stir-fry Tacos from Food Network.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Enameled Cast Iron Skillet/Casserole
- Large Stainless Steel Turning Spatula
- Food Chopper
Grilled Steak Tacos With Cilantro Lime Crema
- 2 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Cilantro-Lime Crema:
- ⅔ cup crema i.e. Cacique
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Assorted toppings: Queso fresco cilantro-lime crema, taco sauce, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onion slices, crumbled pickled jalapeno slices
- Marinade: Mix together the taco seasoning, lime juice and vegetable oil. Stir until fully blended and the seasoning has dissolved. Place the meat into a plastic storage bag and pour the marinade on top. Shake making sure the marinade covers all sides of the meat. Marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Mix together all ingredients for the crema, cover and chill thoroughly.
- To grill the steak: Remove the steak from the plastic bag and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steaks on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or to your desired level of doneness.
- Rest covered loosely with aluminum foil for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Serve with warm grilled tortillas or crispy taco shells and assorted toppings of your choice.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of cilantro-lime crema.
Leave a Reply