This no bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna proves you can have lasagna for dessert, too! It's a sweet treat that's so lush and delectable featuring layers of a peanut butter cheesecake-like filling, lots of chopped Reese's cups all sandwiched between chocolate graham crackers. The chocolate graham crackers serve as the lasagna "noodles" and the peanut butter cream cheese forms the "cheese" filling. It's topped with a drizzle of chocolate ganache and salted peanuts for crunch.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna Recipe
I love to bake most often completely from scratch, but I know many people don't have the time, or perhaps aren't inclined to bake goodies as often as I do. That makes this chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna a winner in every way with the bonus of being super simple to prepare. Just the fact that lasagna is typically a savory dish, it makes it all the more fun to serve this dessert lasagna for special events, holiday gatherings and family cookouts.
How to Make the Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna Recipe
The only special equipment you'll need to prepare this incredible dessert is a mixer and you're good to go. Making it in a rectangular baking dish also makes it easier to transport to a special gathering with friends or an office potluck.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna: Chocolate graham crackers, peanut butter, cream cheese, Reese's cups, milk chocolate chips. heavy cream, salted peanuts, vanilla extract, whipped topping (i.e. Cool Whip or similar) and powdered sugar.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, nut chopper or sharp knife and cutting board, 13 x 9 inch deep baking dish or lasagna pan, rubber spatula, large bowl and small bowl.
- If you prefer, you can melt the chocolate chips to make the chocolate drizzle in a double boiler instead of the microwave.
- You could swap out milk chocolate chips for semi sweet chocolate chips in the same amount.
- Would you like to add more chocolate drizzle or more Reese's cups? Go for it!
- For this dessert, Cool Whip or a similar private label brand of frozen whipped will work best for the filling. While I love homemade whipped cream, it's not as stable as whipped topping. It just doesn't work the best in this instance.
- When whipping the filling, make sure you whip until the cream cheese is completely smooth.
- You could use crunchy peanut butter if that's your preference, but it's not necessary. The chopped peanuts will add texture and a slight crunch to the filling ingredients.
- The best brand of peanut butter to use is one that you already enjoy.
- Please note: The chocolate graham crackers will soften as the ingredients in the dessert come together while chilling. This is a normal occurrence just as they do when making eclair cake using classic graham crackers. It's not an indication that anything went wrong.
- You can store Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Easy Dessert Recipes to Make
Desserts made in a 13 x 9 inch pan are ideal for taking to potlucks, picnics or holiday parties. More sheet pan desserts you may also like to try:
- Chocolate Cherry Eclair Cake taste like a chocolate covered cherry.
- Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Lush is an island inspired dessert you can make year-round.
- Almond Joy Earthquake Cake is a fun cake to make and eat.
- Death by Chocolate Eclair Cake will delight the chocolate fans in your life.
- No trifle bowl required to make this Coconut Cream Cake Pan Trifle.
- No worries about melting ice cream when you make this Drumstick Layered Dessert.
- Chocolate Mint Dream Bars from 365 Days of Baking.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna
Servings: 16 pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 8 oz softened cream cheese (16 oz total)
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed and divided
- 1 14 oz box chocolate graham crackers
- 1 12 oz bag miniature peanut butter cups unwrapped and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup salted peanuts roughly chopped
- To prepare the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate chips and ⅓ cup heavy cream together in the microwave until smooth. Melt in 15 second increments stopping to stir periodically. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- To prepare the filling: In a medium-size mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to whip together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, 1 cup heavy cream and vanilla for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Whip in (2) containers of whipped topping ONE at a time. (The filling will be divided into thirds to layer the dessert.)
- To assemble: Arrange one single layer of graham crackers in a 13 x 9 inch deep baking dish. Spread with ⅓ of the peanut butter filling.
- Sprinkle filling with ⅓ chopped peanut butter cups and ⅓ chopped peanuts.
- Gently press the next layer of graham crackers on top and repeat, ending with the final ⅓ of the peanut butter filling.
- Frost the top with the remaining 8 oz whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with remaining peanut butter cups and peanuts. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4-6 hours before cutting. Store chilled.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Hi Melissa I would love to try this! But what could I use instead of cool whip? We don't get that here in England
Hi Anon, you can replace it with fresh whipped cream. Keep in mind it will need to be stabilized for the topping as it will be drizzled with chocolate.
Hi there I am an American living in England so I have had to find alternatives for things here. Use Dream Whip in place of Cool Whip. Cool Whip is a bit sweet so Dream Whip is the perfect.
Glad you enjoyed this one and thanks for visiting!
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. One question, though, do you use 2 or 3 layers of the graham crackers?
Hi Susann, 3 layers.
I made this for my christmas family gathering and OMG was this delicious! My family loved it so much that they told me I'm making for all our family get togethers lol. This is seriously amazing! Thank you for sharing this recipe
Hi Denise, that's awesome. I'm so happy they loved this as much we do, thanks!
Made it for Christmas!!!! It was wonderful!!!
Made this tonight and it was super easy! Can't wait to serve and try it tomorrow!
This dessert is easy, enjoy!
Would it be ok if it was made the night before, or should it be made the same day?
You can definitely make this the day before.
Rather than a 9×13 lasagna pan, I'm hoping to layer this recipe as a trifle. I want to use a fancy serving dish. Will this still work & hold up well?
Another question -can this be frozen?
I've never made this as a trifle, but it should do OK. I've also never frozen this but my guess is it would do fine.
The Napoleons are made with original graham crackers.
This looks fantastic.I have made Napoleons. Using layers of instant vanilla pudding with cool whip. Also delish! Will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing.
what is heavy cream, is it the same as evaporated milk, or condensed milk, could I just use regular milk, it's just to melt the chocolate for topping...
Heavy cream has a high butter content which allows it to be whipped, or in this case used to make the ganache. You can use a different milk but add in small amounts as cream is thick and whole milk or evaporated milk are much thinner. To make ganache you really should use the real thing.
Can I use whipping cream instead of whipped topping or will it melt?
You're on the right track, I intentionally use whip topping as it holds up better and the dessert will keep longer.
It'll be one of our featured recipes on WP this Friday! 🙂
Sweet Brandie, thank you so much my friend!! I'll be over to share again this Friday. ☺
Hi Kimberly, you can easily make this a day ahead and it will store chilled perfectly. As far as a wine pairing, I believe the rule of thumb is to pair sweet with sweet. So, your favorite dessert wine should do well. Enjoy your progressive dinner they're a lot of fun! Send my best to your friends.
Making this for our annual progressive dinner, I've got dessert. How long can it be refrigerated prior to cutting & serving? And do you know what wine it pairs well with?
Wonderful Sherry, thank you for taking the time to let me know.
Made this for Christmas and my family went crazy for it!!!! I think this is the best non baked dessert I have ever made. Thanks so much for the recipe. Sherry Branham
Hi Laurie, yes they do, you'll have no trouble cutting this. Don't worry, they don't become soggy, but they will soften a bit.
This may be a silly question, but do the chocolate graham crackers soften so that it's easily cut or scooped?
Hi Holly, I share your love of these flavors. This dessert is fun to make and eat. Enjoy!