This lush Drumstick Layered Dessert is a layered dessert that encapsulates everything we love about Drumstick Ice Cream ones. It begins with a golden crust made of vanilla wafers and chopped peanuts. It's then topped with a creamy white chocolate cheesecake mousse and embellished with crushed waffle cones, peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate ganache. There's no need to freeze this dessert, just chill thoroughly until it's set then cut and serve.
For The Love Of Ice Cream
Drumstick ice cream is a lifelong favorite of mine. I dare say, probably for many kids of all ages. It's made with classic vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate and salty peanuts. What's not to like, right? To serve it in company form, this drumstick layered dessert became a reality in my kitchen when I was preparing to have friends over for dinner. I love to entertain, and my guests seem to always be expecting something special and I couldn't bare to disappoint them. This sort of layered dessert is perfect for any potluck event. It's not necessary to freeze this dessert but, you can if you like.
Drumstick Layer Dessert Is Made For A Crowd
- In it, I use white chocolate instant pudding for the base of the mousse filling, usually found quite easily at my local Walmart. However, if you're unable to find that flavor, cheesecake flavored instant pudding is a terrific substitute.
- if you prefer, you can use crushed sugar cones for the crust instead of vanilla wafers in the same amount. It takes an entire box of sugar cones just for the crust, hence the reason I went with vanilla wafers. I've made it both ways and either way it's delish.
- Do you like lots of hot fudge? Double the amount and you'll be good to go!
- A couple of other desserts from friends inspired by drumstick ice cream cones you might like to take a look at, are these Peppermint Brownie Drumsticks from Eazy Peazy Meals and Drumstick Cupcakes from The Domestic Rebel will be super fun for the kiddos to make.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Drumstick Layered Dessert
- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (OR Sugar Cone Crumbs)
- 1 cup chopped peanuts divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 3.4 oz box white chocolate instant pudding [i.e. Hershey's]
- 4 cup cold half & half
- 1 16 oz whipped cream cheese softened
- 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or one 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips divided (Set aside 1 cup total for the ganache)
- ½ cup heavy cream for the ganache
- 5 sugar cones roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, toss together the vanilla wafer crumbs, ½ cup chopped peanuts, melted butter and granulated sugar. Press onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip both boxes instant pudding with 4 cups half & half for 2-3 minutes until it's beginning to thicken.
- Add the whipped cream cheese and continue to whip until smooth and combined.
- Fold in the fresh whipped cream by hand. Spread evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the filling with ½ of the reserved mini chocolate chips, ½ of the chopped peanuts and ½ of the crushed sugar cones. Set aside the remaining to garnish the top.
- To make the ganache: Melt 1 cup mini chocolate chips and ½ cup of heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat this process until smooth.
- Cool the melted chocolate slightly. Drizzle over the first layer of chocolate chips, sugar cone pieces and peanuts.
- While the chocolate is soft, garnish the top with reserved peanuts, chocolate chips and sugar cone pieces.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.