This lush Drumstick Layered Dessert is a layered dessert that encapsulates everything we love about Drumstick Ice Cream ones. It begins with a golden crust made of vanilla wafers and chopped peanuts. It’s then topped with a creamy white chocolate cheesecake-like filling and embellished with crushed waffle cones, peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate. There’s no need to freeze this dessert, just chill thoroughly until it’s set then cut and serve.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Drumstick Layered Dessert
- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chopped peanuts divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 2 [3.4] oz box white chocolate instant pudding [i.e. Hershey's]
- 4 cup cold half & half
- 1  oz whipped cream cheese softened
- 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or  oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips divided (Set aside 1 cup total for the ganache)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream for the ganache
- 5 sugar cones roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, toss together the vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, melted butter and granulated sugar. Press onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip the 2 boxes of white chocolate instant pudding with 4 cups of half & half for 2-3 minutes until it's beginning to thicken.
- Add the whipped cream cheese and continue to whip until smooth and combined.
- Fold in the fresh whipped cream or thawed whipped topping by hand. Spread evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the filling with 1/2 of the reserved mini chocolate chips, 1/2 of the chopped peanuts and 1/2 of the crushed sugar cones. Set aside the remaining to garnish the top.
- To make the ganache: Melt 1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat this process until smooth.
- Cool the melted chocolate slightly. Drizzle over the first layer of chocolate chips, sugar cone pieces and peanuts.
- While the chocolate is soft, garnish the top with reserved peanuts, chocolate chips and sugar cone pieces.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.