This lush Drumstick Layered Dessert is a layered dessert that encapsulates everything we love about Drumstick Ice Cream ones. It begins with a golden crust made of vanilla wafers and chopped peanuts. It’s then topped with a creamy white chocolate cheesecake-like filling and embellished with crushed waffle cones, peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate. There’s no need to freeze this dessert, just chill thoroughly until it’s set then cut and serve.
Drumstick ice cream is lifelong favorite of mine. I dare say, probably for many kids of all ages. Classic vanilla ice cream with chocolate and peanuts, what’s not to like, right? To serve it in company form, this drumstick layered dessert became a reality in my kitchen. I love to entertain and my guests seem to always be expecting something scrumptious. Go figure? I couldn’t bare to disappoint.Then there’s the crispy sweet sugar cone holding the whole package together…it’s pure bliss. This dessert is a fun way to serve the same familiar drumstick flavors to a crowd. I use white chocolate instant pudding for the filling base, usually found quite easily at my local Walmart. However, if you’re unable to find that flavor, cheesecake instant pudding would be a great substitute. It’s amazingly delicious and simple to prepare.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Drumstick Layered Dessert
- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chopped peanuts divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 2 [3.4] oz box white chocolate instant pudding [i.e. Hershey's]
- 4 cup cold half & half
- 1  oz whipped cream cheese softened
- 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or  oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips divided (Set aside 1 cup total for the ganache)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream for the ganache
- 5 sugar cones roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, toss together the vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, melted butter and granulated sugar. Press onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip the 2 boxes of white chocolate instant pudding with 4 cups of half & half for 2-3 minutes until it's beginning to thicken.
- Add the whipped cream cheese and continue to whip until smooth and combined.
- Fold in the fresh whipped cream or thawed whipped topping by hand. Spread evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the filling with 1/2 of the reserved mini chocolate chips, 1/2 of the chopped peanuts and 1/2 of the crushed sugar cones. Set aside the remaining to garnish the top.
- To make the ganache: Melt 1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat this process until smooth.
- Cool the melted chocolate slightly. Drizzle over the first layer of chocolate chips, sugar cone pieces and peanuts.
- While the chocolate is soft, garnish the top with reserved peanuts, chocolate chips and sugar cone pieces.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.
The mini chocolate chips, peanuts and crushed sugar cone pieces are layered once on top of the filling and again over the chocolate ganache to garnish.