If you love the potluck classic eclair cake you’ll do back flips for this glorious Death By Chocolate Eclair Cake variation. The chocolate mousse-like filling is sandwiched between chocolate graham crackers, then topped with a chocolate ganache and garnished with chocolate whipped cream. This eclair cake is a chocolate lovers dream come true!
What Could Be Better Than a Chocolate Layered Dessert?
As if it couldn’t get better than layers of chocolate mousse sandwiched between graham crackers, it’s also a no-bake dessert that’s fabulous for a potluck, family or office party. It seems almost too good to be true. If you’re a fan of chocolate covered cherries, be sure to checkout my Chocolate Cherry Eclair Cake, too. I recommend that you make this chocolate eclair cake one day in advance to allow the graham crackers to soften and become almost brownie-like in flavor. It’s a magical cake that’s sure to become a keeper in your recipe file.
Other No-Bake Wonders You May Like
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Death By Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1 24 oz package chocolate graham crackers
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cup half & half
- 2 3.9 oz boxes instant chocolate fudge or chocolate pudding
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 8 oz chocolate frozen whipped topping, thawed (See Cook's Note)
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, almond and vanilla until creamy around 1-2 minutes.
- Add the half & half and both packages of pudding to the creamed cheese. Whip on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until fully combined and creamy. .
- In the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish arrange one layer of graham crackers breaking to fit as needed. Spread with 1/2 of the chocolate filling. Repeat ending with a third layer of graham crackers.
- In a microwave safe dish melt together the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth then cool slightly.
- Pour the slightly cooled ganache on top. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top each piece with a dollop of chocolate whipped topping.
- Store leftovers chilled.
2 cups heavy cream, plus additional to form a paste
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
Optional: 1/2 tsp espresso or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Place the cocoa and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Mix together the sugar and cocoa powder with enough heavy cream to form a paste. (This helps prevent lumps) Add the cocoa paste to the cream. Beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Chill until serving.