You can also mix it with softened cream cheese and salsa to make a quick south of the border dip. Paella, a traditional Spanish dish, is often served with a parsley or cilantro pesto on the side. Use it a a condiment on steak, chicken or pork the uses are truly endless.
- 1 small bunch cilantro stems removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper seeds & membrane removed
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until blended.
- Chill until serving.
- To thin the pesto, add more olive oil until you reach your desired consistency.