This post brought to you by International Delight
These Cinnamon Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting will make a fabulous start to any day. Enjoy the flavors of your favorite decadent iced coffee in cupcake form with a cuppa coffee, tea or latte.
Cinnamon Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes
Enjoying coffee on warm Summer days can be a challenge. The perfect solution is iced coffee. It’s the best of both worlds. For a really fun twist, I enjoy making these cinnamon caramel macchiato cupcakes with cream cheese frosting using iced coffee in place of the water or milk called for in the recipe. That’s exactly how these cupcakes came to life.
This Cake Mix Hack Works Like a Charm
Even though I love baking from scratch and do so most often, these cupcakes are so delectable, no one will ever guess you started with a boxed cake mix. Just a few simple ingredient adjustments and voila, a cupcake that provides the perfect accompaniment to a tall glass of Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee.
Tips for Making Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes
- For a fun twist, use yellow or chocolate cake mix adjusting the amounts according to the package directions. By that I mean, replace the water called or on the package with your favorite flavor of iced coffee. It’s superb any time of day.
- Other delectable desserts you may like to try that start with a boxed mix, are these fan favorite banana pudding cupcakes, double chocolate cupcakes with a glorious peanut butter cream frosting and raspberry lemonade cupcakes.
- You may also like these white wedding cake cupcakes from Recipe Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cinnamon Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 15.25 oz box Caramel cake mix may use butter pecan
- 1 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup English toffee bits
- ground cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 16 muffin cups with liners. Alternately spray cups with cooking spray.
- Place all of the cake mix, iced coffee, oil, eggs, brown sugar and cinnamon into a medium mixing bowl. Beat using a whisk or an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until fully combined. Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- To make cream cheese frosting: In a medium mixing bowl whip together the softened cream cheese, butter, iced coffee, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until fluffy and smooth around 3 minutes.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired. If using a piping bag, chill the frosting to firm before piping onto the cupcakes.
- Dust with cinnamon and garnish with toffee bits.
- Store chilled.