Cinnamon Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting – Enjoying coffee on warm Summer days can be a challenge. The perfect solution is iced coffee. It’s the best of both worlds. For a really fun twist, I enjoy making these cinnamon caramel macchiato cupcakes with cream cheese frosting using iced coffee in place of the water or milk called for in the recipe. That’s exactly how these cupcakes came to life.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cinnamon Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 18 oz box Caramel cake mix (i.e. Duncan Hines)
- 1 1/3 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup English toffee bits
- ground cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 16-18 muffin cups with liners.
- Place all of the cake ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Beat for 2-3 minutes until fully combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting:In a medium mixing bowl whip together the softened cream cheese, butter, iced coffee, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until fluffy and smooth around 3 minutes.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired. If using a piping bag, chill the frosting to firm before piping onto the cupcakes.
- Dust with cinnamon and garnish with toffee bits.
- Store chilled.