This dreamy No-Bake Banana Pudding Pie is just what you need on a day when you’re in the mood for a sweet fix that’s not fussy with the bonus of needing absolutely no oven time. It’s designed to keep things low-stress so the simple ingredients reflect that making preparation a cinch. The creamy banana pudding filling, fresh banana slices, vanilla wafers and whipped cream are a classic flavor combination that’s on point and it makes enough for 2 pies. Keep one and give the other to someone special, and they’re guaranteed to be your friend for life.
I’ve been obsessed with banana pudding since I was a little girl. I was first introduced to it by my Southern Momma and Granma’s who made it the old fashioned way with a meringue topping. I’ve found through the years each and every Southern cook has their own little twist on making it and I’m here to say I think we should embrace them all. I’ve even turned my love of banana pudding into a spectacular 3-layer banana pudding cake. I’ve noted on my life-long banana pudding quest, when attending church and family potlucks, other banana pudding variations started to surface through the years, using a combination of convenience items like instant puddings, sour cream, cream cheese and even different cookies other than vanilla wafers. It was always the belle of the ball no matter what version was served.
This particular recipe makes enough filling for 2 pies making it perfect for entertaining or sharing with a friend or loved one. Though I tried, there’s just no way to halve the ingredients in this particular instance and why would you want to? Go big or go home y’all. These pies will become a staple any-time dessert your family will request over and over again. It’s the classic combination of creamy pudding, bananas and whipped cream that keeps us all coming back for more.
You may also like: Old Fashioned Banana Pudding, Banana Pudding Gooey Butter Cake,Frozen Banana Pudding Bombe, Banana Pudding Layer Cake, TSLC Old Fashioned Banana Pudding, Homemade Southern Banana Pudding.
- 2 (9-oz) prepared graham cracker crusts
- 1 (3.4-oz) instant banana pudding
- 1 (3.4-oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups half & half
- 1 (8-oz) neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas, sliced,
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 40 whole vanilla wafers, divided
- 4 Tbsp crushed vanilla wafers
- 12 oz whipped topping or 3 cups fresh whipped cream
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip together both packages pudding mix with half & half until thickened but still pourable.
- Add the softened neufchatel cheese and 1 tsp vanilla. Whip on medium-high until completely smooth.
- Toss the banana slices with lemon juice. Fold into the pudding with ⅓ of the whipped topping by hand until fully combined.
- Spoon into the graham cracker crusts. Spread evenly.
- Line the edge of each pie with whole vanilla wafers using about 20 per pie. Add more if desired.
- Frost with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle each pie with 2 Tbsp crushed vanilla wafers.