These Cucumber and Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches are ideal special occasion finger foods. Be it Mother's Day, baby and wedding showers, or a special tea with friends, they're simple to prepare and the ingredients are inexpensive and readily available.
Cucumber and Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches Recipe
The cucumber sandwiches are made using thin slices of English cucumbers arranged on bread that's slathered with a delicious chive and dill cream cheese. The second tea sandwich is stuffed with homemade Pimiento cheese, otherwise known as Southern pâté. Both versions tend to be real crowd pleasers so, you might want to consider doubling the recipe and hiding a few for the host to enjoy later.
How to Make the Best Cucumber and Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches
The bright flavor of the dill in the seasoned cream cheese filling pairs perfectly with the cucumber and in my world you can never go wrong with pimiento cheese, especially when they're made in just the right size for light snacking.
- The beauty of making these Cucumber and Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches is; you can cut them into any shape you like using a variety of cookie cutters.
- If you'd like to make them into fingers, each whole sandwich will make three. You can also cut them into a variety of shapes using cookie cutters.
- To prevent waste, I recommend using a sharp knife and cutting the sandwiches into squares, fingers or triangles.
- For a time saver, these tea sandwiches can be prepared a day in advance then stored in an airtight container chilled. Place a piece of wax paper between the layers and you'll be set.
- Can you prepare cucumber and pimiento cheese sandwiches in advance? You can assemble these sandwiches up to one day in advance and store in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator. Separate the layers with wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
- Can I freeze Southern style cucumber pimiento cheese sandwiches? I don't recommend freezing these sandwiches as the fillings could cause the bread to become soggy when thawing.
Other Sandwich Recipes to Add to the Menu
Sandwiches are made for quick meals and snacking. You can make them using a variety of breads, rolls, croissants and buns. Other delicious Southern style recipes you may like to try:
- See how to make the best Monte Cristo Sandwich.
- A takeout classic Crispy Chicken Sandwich you can make even better at home.
- Quick and easy Bacon Egg and Cheese Paninis.
- Fiesta Turkey Club Sub is delicious cut into wedges for serving.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Nordic Open Faced Salmon Sandwiches from The View From Great Island.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cucumber and Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- 24 slices white sandwich bread crusts removed
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 8-oz container Chive & Onion cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill plus additional for garnishing
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- Pimiento Cheese Spread:
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz plain spreadable cream cheese softened
- 2 oz jar diced pimiento
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion pwder
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- Few dashes hot sauce more or less to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- To prepare Cucumber Sandwiches: In a small mixing bowl whisk together cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, garlic salt and lemon pepper until fully combined.
- Slather evenly on 12 slices of bread. Arrange cucumber slices on one piece then top with another. Cut into strips or squares using a sharp knife. Garnish each piece with fresh dill.
- To prepare Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches: In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, cream cheese, pimiento plus 1 teaspoon juice, garlic salt, onion powder, ground mustard and few dashes of hot sauce.
- Add shredded cheese and mix well. Divide between 12 slices of bread gently press together to form sandwich.
- Using a sharp knife cut into triangles.
- May be made in advance and stored chilled in an airtight container.