Easy Fresh Cucumber Dill Dip Recipe
How to Make the Best Fresh Cucumber Dill Dip Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cucumber Dill Dip: Cucumber, chive and onion cream cheese, Greek yogurt or sour cream, mayonnaise, parsely, fresh dill, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, celery salt and white pepper.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: Mixing bowl, sharp knife and chopping board, measuring cups and spoons and a hand mixer.
- Lighter yogurt, mayonnaise, and cream cheese will work beautifully in this dip.
- Fresh dill has a milder flavor when compared to dried dill which has more intensity. Should you choose to use dried dill, decrease the amount to taste.
- English cucumbers have less seeds than the typical variety found at the market. You may use either, just remove excess seeds when using the regular cucumbers you're used to seeing in the produce department.
- The chive and onion flavored cream cheese adds a lovely creaminess and pop of flavor to the dip overall. It's perfectly fine to use the ⅓ less fat version in this dip.
- Allow ample time for the dip to chill so the flavors can fully marry. At least 4 hours, overnight is ideal.
- Store Cucumber Dill Dip chilled in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
More Southern Style Dip Recipes to Make
There doesn't have to be a special occasion to plan making a delicious dip for the family. Some days, we enjoy casual snacking in place of a full meal. More dip recipes you may like to try:
- Homemade French Onion Dip is filled with caramelized onions giving it an amped up flavor.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip is a riff on buffalo wings ideal for any party.
- Easy Bacon Parmesan Dip is a snap to pull together as a last minute appetizer.
- Everyone loves a Layered Taco Dip for game days and backyard picnics.
- Four Cheese Hot Corn and Crab Dip is a tasty way to serve seafood to a crowd.
- For more dip inspiration checkout this recipe for Greek 7 Layer Dip from Skinnytaste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Fresh Cucumber Dill Dip
- 1 large cucumber or English cucumber grated
- 1 8 oz container ⅓ fat chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 small shallot finely minced [or ¼ cup minced red onion]
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ white pepper adjust to taste
- Clean the cucumber leaving peel intact. Grate the cucumber whole, then ring in paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to whip together the cream cheese, yogurt and mayonnaise for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add parsley, dill, minced garlic, lemon juice and seasonings. Whip together until fully combined. Add cucumber and shallot. Use a spatula and mix this together by hand.
- Place into an airtight container and refrigerate until serving. Chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve with veggies, pita crisps, pretzel crisps, or crostini.