This super stuffed Fiesta Turkey Club Sub is ideal for packing up and taking on a picnic or casual dining at home. Layered with fresh flavors, it’s perfection cut into wedges for serving.
Being die hard fans of all things spicy we decided to take a classic turkey club and kick it up a bit by changing-up the toppings. To start, an artisan bread round is dressed with an insanely delicious dressing. Layered with pepper jack cheese, creamy avocado slices, spicy peppered turkey, red pepper strips, a layer of smoky bacon takes this sub over-the-top. It’s a crowd pleasing masterpiece.
- This sub can be prepared in advance, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap, and chilled until serving.
- Due to the oxidation of the avocado, I recommend that you do this in the morning on the day you’d like to serve it, not overnight.
- While I make this sub using deli turkey for year-round enjoyment, I’ve also made it using leftover holiday turkey. Either way it’s a winner.
- You may also enjoy this turkey Cuban sandwich from Skinnytaste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Fiesta Turkey Club Sub
- 1 9 inch round loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 4 oz jalapeno cream cheese softened
- 6 large leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 thick cut slices pepper-jack cheese
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips drained
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked
- 1 large Haas avocado thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 lb spicy or peppered deli turkey (or leftover turkey) thinly sliced
- Slice the sour dough bread round through the middle and remove some of the interior of the bread. (Place into a bag and freeze for later use.)
- Slice the tomatoes, and place onto paper towels to allow release of liquid.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise and cream cheese until fully blended.
- Toss avocado slices with lime juice.
- To assemble: Divide mayonnaise dressing spreading 1/2 on bottom piece and 1/2 on the top piece of bread.
- Next, on bottom piece of bread layer green leaf lettuce, pepper-jack cheese and tomatoes. Season tomatoes with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Next layer red onion, red pepper strips, bacon and avocado slices.
- Top with 1 lb spicy sliced deli turkey then place the bread round on top. (You may divide the turkey layers, if desired.)
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, use a sharp knife to slice into 6 wedges.