This super stuffed Fiesta Turkey Club Sub is ideal for packing up and taking on a picnic or casual dining at home. Layered with fresh flavors, it’s perfection cut into wedges for serving.
Fiesta Turkey Club Sub
Helpful Tips for Making Turkey Club Sub
Being die hard fans of all things spicy we decided to take a classic turkey club and kick it up a bit by changing-up the toppings. To start, an artisan bread round is dressed with an insanely delicious dressing. Layered with pepper jack cheese, creamy avocado slices, spicy peppered turkey, red pepper strips, a layer of smoky bacon takes this sub over-the-top. It’s a crowd pleasing masterpiece.
- This sub can be prepared in advance, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap, and chilled until serving.
- Due to the oxidation of the avocado, I recommend that you do this in the morning on the day you’d like to serve it, not overnight.
- While I make this sub using deli turkey for year-round enjoyment, I’ve also made it using leftover holiday turkey. Either way it’s a winner.
- You may also enjoy this turkey Cuban sandwich from Skinnytaste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Fiesta Turkey Club Sub
- 1 9 inch round loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 4 oz jalapeno OR chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 6 large leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 thick cut slices pepper-jack cheese
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips drained
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked
- 1 large Haas avocado thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 lb spicy or peppered deli turkey (or leftover turkey) thinly sliced
- Slice the sour dough bread round through the middle and remove some of the interior of the bread. (Place into a bag and freeze for later use.)
- Slice the tomatoes, and place onto paper towels to allow release of liquid.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise and cream cheese until fully blended.
- Toss avocado slices with lime juice.
- To assemble: Divide mayonnaise dressing spreading 1/2 on bottom piece and 1/2 on the top piece of bread.
- Next, on bottom piece of bread layer green leaf lettuce, pepper-jack cheese and tomatoes. Season tomatoes with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Next layer red onion, red pepper strips, bacon and avocado slices.
- Top with 1 lb spicy sliced deli turkey then place the bread round on top. (You may divide the turkey layers, if desired.)
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, use a sharp knife to slice into 6 wedges.