This amazingly delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Casserole is everything we love about classic cordon bleu in casserole form. It's easy to make, scrumptious and simple enough for week day meal. Layers of egg noodles, chicken and smoked ham are smothered in a creamy sauce that's so decadent no one will believe you whipped it up in your blender.
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Casserole Recipe
I love chicken cordon bleu it's one of those dishes that just sounds so fancy doesn't it? Breaded chicken pieces stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese could only result in something delicious! This casserole is sort of a deconstructed version that turns the same flavors into a casserole. I've heard some people say that Swiss isn't they're favorite cheese due to the sharp flavor. Personally I love Swiss cheese, but I do use baby Swiss in this chicken cordon bleu casserole for its milder flavor. Add a salad a slice or two of garlic bread to round out the meal, then sit down and enjoy.
How to Make the Best Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Casserole: Egg noodles, rotisserie chicken, cubed ham, Swiss cheese, cream of chicken and herb soup or cream of chicken soup. chive and onion cream cheese, garlic salt, black pepper, a dash of nutmeg and for the topping melted butter and panko breadcrumbs.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: 13 x 9 inch baking dish, a pasta pot or deep pot to cook the egg noodles, a colander, a sharp knife and chopping board, large mixing bowl, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, a large silicone spatula, a small bowl to melt the butter and toss the panko breadcrumbs together.
- I use wide chicken egg noodles for this recipe.
- If you're unable to find cream of chicken and herbs soup classic cream of chicken soup will work fine.
- You can use rotisserie chicken, leftover grilled chicken, roast chicken or poached chicken for this chicken cordon bleu casserole.
- You could adapt this recipe using fresh breadcrumbs, crushed crackers or any other crumb topping that you enjoy.
- Store leftovers chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Southern Style Chicken Casserole Recipes to Make
When you keep dinner simple and packed with flavor, you never have to ring the dinner bell twice. More easy casserole recipes you may like to try:
- Chicken and Rice Casserole is an oldie but goodie.
- Crockpot Chicken and Dressing Casserole simmers in your slow cooker while you go about your day.
- Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet is hearty and filling.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole is a triple threat flavor combination.
- Chicken Florentine Bow Tie Pasta from Picky Palate.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Casserole
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 cups half & half
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of chicken and herb soup
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken divided
- 1 lb smoked ham roughly chopped and divided
- 3 cups shredded baby Swiss cheese divided into thirds
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the egg noodles in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a stand blender, whip together the half & half, soup, cream cheese, 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, mustard, nutmeg and black pepper until smooth.
- Reserve around 1 cup of cooked noodles, set aside.
- On the bottom of the dish layer ½ noodles, ½ chicken. ½ ham. Drizzle with ⅓ sauce and top with ⅓ Swiss cheese. Repeat. Top with the reserved 1 cup noodles, with ⅓ sauce and sprinkle with final ⅓ shredded cheese .
- In a small bowl, toss together the bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbly. Rest for 5 minutes on the counter and serve.