This amazingly delicious chicken cordon bleu noodle casserole is simple to make, scrumptious and simple enough for week day meal. Layers of egg noodles, chicken and smoked ham are smothered in a creamy sauce that’s so decadent no one will believe you whipped it up in your blender.
I love chicken cordon bleu it’s one of those dishes that just sounds fancy doesn’t it? Breaded chicken pieces stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese could only result in something delicious! This casserole is sort of a deconstructed version that turns the same flavors into a casserole.
I’ve heard some people say that Swiss isn’t they’re favorite cheese due to the sharp flavor. Personally I love Swiss cheese, bu I use baby Swiss in this dish for its milder taste. Add a salad a slice or two of garlic bread to round out the meal, then sit down and enjoy.
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 cups half & half
- 1 (10¾ oz) Cream of Chicken and Herb soup
- 4 oz Onion and Chive cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken, divided
- 1 lb smoked ham, roughly chopped and divided
- 3 cups shredded baby Swiss cheese, divided into thirds
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the egg noodles in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a stand blender, whip together the half & half, soup, cream cheese, 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, mustard, nutmeg and black pepper until smooth.
- Reserve around 1 cup of cooked noodles, set aside.
- On the bottom of the dish layer ½ noodles, ½ chicken. ½ ham. Drizzle with ⅓ sauce and top with ⅓ Swiss cheese. Repeat. Top with the reserved 1 cup noodles, with ⅓ sauce and sprinkle with final ⅓ shredded cheese .
- In a small bowl, toss together the bread crumbs, 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbly. Rest for 5 minutes on the counter and serve.