This Easy As Pie Crust recipe is a super simple pie crust to make since it requires no rolling at all. All purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt are mixed together with melted butter and milk to form the dough. Instead of forming into a disc and chilling as you would a classic pie crust, you can immediately put it to use. Pat the dough into a pretty pie dish and blind bake it to fill with something sweet, or use it as a crust for a savory quiche or pie. It's a more rustic approach to making a homemade pie crust and just what you need for low fuss meal prep on busy days.
Easy As Pie Crust Recipe
I'm a lover of all things pie either sweet or savory. Sweet pies like my Mile High Banana Cream Pie, Toffee Crunch Pecan Pie and Coconut Cream Pie are among my family's favorites. Savory pies like my Crumb Topped Tomato Pie and Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche rotate through my kitchen on a regular basis. Pie is universally loved and it's no different for my family.
What's a Pie Without a Delicious Crust?
Pies in general are standard fare and what's a sweet or savory pie without a tasty base? While I enjoy making classic pie crusts, this one does indeed make life a bit easier. It's all in the ease of preparation as the dough is designed to pat into the dish instead of rolling out and shaping. It's gives more rustic style finish to the dish than a traditional crust but, the flavor is completely on point. You may also enjoy this tutorial showing you How To Blind Bake a Pie Crust from A Family Feast.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy As Pie Crust
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoon cold milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork to sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk together the butter and milk..
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients adding the butter mixture. Use a fork to gradually work the liquid into the flour until crumbly.
- Press together gently forming into a disk.
- Place the disc in the center of a 9-inch pie plate. Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Use a fork to crimp the edges or flute.
- Chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Fill with your favorite filling and bake.
- To blind bake: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Use a fork to dock the bottom of the crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Fill and enjoy.