This Broccoli Cheese Quiche with Bacon is a scrumptious twist on a classic quiche baked in a pie crust. It’s packed with broccoli florets, bacon and lots of cheddar cheese. This recipe uses biscuit mix in the filling stabilizes the egg custard giving it a smooth and delicious texture that the family will love at any meal.
Easy Broccoli Cheese Quiche with Bacon Recipe
Quiche recipes are like savory pies. While they’;re often associated with breakfast and brunch, this savory broccoli cheddar quiche can be served at any meal. One bonus with this particular quiche recipe that sets it apart from others is; it isn’t baked in a crust. The biscuit mix in the filling gives it structure and allows it to set while baking, resulting in a beautiful piece of savory pie. How to make Broccoli Cheese and Bacon Quiche:
- Crust – This quiche doesn’t bake in a pastry crust. Instead it uses biscuit mix i.e. Bisquick to add structure to the egg filling.
- Broccoli – Steamed fresh or frozen broccoli florets.
- Eggs – Six large eggs.
- Bacon – 1/2 pound of classic bacon.
- Vegetables – Green onions and red bell pepper.
- Liquid – Half and half.
- Cheese – Parmesan cheese and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter.
- Seasonings – Ground mustard, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Biscuit Mix – Biscuit mix i.e. Bisquick or a similar brand.
How to Make the BEST Broccoli Cheese with Bacon Quiche Recipe
As you look over the ingredient list you’ll see most of the items are staple pantry items and if you don’t have a particular ingredient, no worries, they’re easy to find in any grocery store.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need to make Broccoli Cheese Quiche: Medium bowl, small bowl, whisk, sharp knife and cutting board, cheese grater measuring cups and spoons, whisk and 9 inch fluted tart pan or deep dish pie pan.
- If you’d like to give this quiche a kick, use pepper jack cheese in place of the sharp cheddar cheese.
- For a timesaver, you can assemble and bake this quiche in advance and then warmed just before serving.
- If you prefer, you can use diced ham or cooked and crumbled sausage in place of the bacon.
- I used Bisquick in this recipe.
- While I make this quiche in a springform tart pan, a deep dish pie pan or a similar size oven safe skillet would also work. Just make certain it is deep a standard depth pie dish won’t work
- Store baked Broccoli Cheese Quiche chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in single servings in the microwave or in a 350°F air fryer for a few minutes just until heated through.
- When it comes to quiche there’s no wrong time of day to serve them. Quiche can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper. Add a fruit salad or a spinach salad, and it’s a full meal in no-time.
More Easy Quiche Recipes to Make
- My Cornbread and Sausage Quiche combines two flavors into one lip smacking meal.
- This Western Omelet Quiche recipe is a fan favorite.
- My son’s favorite Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche is always a winning option.
- This Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche is a fusion of quiche and the famous Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich.
- Crustless Mini Vegetable Quiche are made in no time flat in a muffin pan.
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche is a fantastic was to transform leftover holiday ham into a round two meal.
- Onion and Mushroom Quiche from Southern Living.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Broccoli Cheese Quiche with Bacon
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 medium green onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 2 1/2 cup half & half
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt my adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup steamed broccoli florets chopped and cooled
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 1/4 cup biscuit mix i.e. Bisquick
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spritz a 9-inch deep dish non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, cook the sliced green onion, diced red bell pepper with 2 Tbsp butter until softened, around 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together half & half, eggs, Parmesan, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp melted butter add to bowl whisking until combined.
- To the bowl add sauteed vegetables, bacon, broccoli, 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and biscuit mix. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour into the pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and the center is set when gently shaken. Check the quiche at 40 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over-browning, if needed.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.