This Broccoli Cheese Quiche with Bacon is a scrumptious twist on a classic quiche baked in a pie crust. It's packed with broccoli florets, bacon and lots of cheddar cheese. This recipe uses biscuit mix in the filling stabilizes the egg custard giving it a smooth and delicious texture that the family will love at any meal.
Cheesy Broccoli Quiche is an Any Time of Day Meal
No Special Ingredients Needed for Broccoli Quiche
As you look over the ingredient list you'll see most of the items are staple pantry items and if you don't have a particular ingredient, no worries, they're easy to find in any grocery store.
- If you'd like to give this quiche a kick, use pepper jack cheese in place of the cheddar.
- This quiche can be baked in advance and then warmed just before serving.
- If you prefer, you can use diced ham in place of the bacon.
- I used Bisquick in this recipe.
- While I make this quiche in a springform tart pan, a deep dish pie pan or a similar size oven safe skillet would also work. Just make certain it is indeed deep.
When Can this Quiche be Served?
When it comes to these sorts of savory pies, in my opinion, there's no wrong time of day to serve them. Quiche can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper. Add a fruit medley or a crisp salad, and it's meal-time in no-time.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Broccoli Cheese Quiche with Bacon
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 medium green onion thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter divided
- 2 ½ cup half & half
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt my adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ cup steamed broccoli florets chopped and cooled
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 ¼ cup biscuit mix i.e. Bisquick
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spritz a 9-inch deep dish non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, cook the sliced green onion, diced red bell pepper with 2 tablespoon butter until softened, around 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together half & half, eggs, Parmesan, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Melt remaining 2 tablespoon melted butter add to bowl whisking until combined.
- To the bowl add sauteed vegetables, bacon, broccoli, 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese and biscuit mix. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour into the pan and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and the center is set when gently shaken. Check the quiche at 40 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over-browning, if needed.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.