This indulgent Loaded Baked Potato Dip is perfection dipped with roasted potato wedges or waffle fires. Serve it as an appetizer for game day or holiday snacking.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Snacks and finger foods are always in order. Whether it's a casual event or a high brow holiday party, appetizers warm-up the crowd and keep people happily munching the entire time. This recipe for loaded baked potato dip is from Morgan Murphy's new cookbook called Bourbon and Bacon. It was sent to me to review, and I thoroughly enjoyed the recipes and humor all in one place. In his latest book, Morgan writes about two of the South's favorite obsessions. That's right, bourbon and bacon. In it, he includes 140 mouthwatering recipes using one or both as ingredients. This book is not only informative but it's filled with incredible recipes and enticing pictures, too. The anecdotes and witty comments peppered throughout made me smile and laugh out loud. Often.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip an Appetizer to Remember
If you've never read one of Morgan's cookbooks, you are in for a real treat. His humorous quips in the narrative grab the reader leaving you both delighted and entertained. I love this quote from the book and I think it sums it all up. "Bacon tastes better than skinny feels." Well said Morgan, I completely concur.
"Take your love of baked potatoes and move it from the side dish spread to the appetizer buffet. Serve with waffle fries baked extra crispy for dippers."
Other Baked Potato Recipes to Add to the Menu
Baked potatoes are perfectly delicious all on their own as the complementary side dish. There are ways of incorporating them into other recipes that you may like to try. A few mentions:
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup will warm you up from the inside out.
- Baked Potato Nachos double as an appetizer or side dish.
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach, Bacon and Eggs are an impressive brunch dish.
- For the air fryer fans Air Fryer Baked Potatoes.
- Baked Potato Bites from Diethood.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclaimer A copy of Bourbon and Bacon was sent to me for review purposes only. I wasn't compensated for this post.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- ¼ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 16 oz container sour cream
- 2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup slices fresh chives
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Garnishes: crumbled bacon chives, black pepper
- waffle fries for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives and hot sauce.
- Reserve some bacon and chives for garnishing.
- Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish as desired and serve with crispy warm waffle fries for dipping.