Loaded Baked Potato Dip – This loaded baked potato dip recipe features baked potatoes, sour cream, cheese and bacon. It’s from Morgan Murphy’s new cookbook called Bourbon and Bacon. In his latest book, Morgan writes about two of the South’s favorite obsessions. That’s right, bourbon and bacon. In it he includes 140 mouthwatering recipes using one or both as ingredients. This book is not only informative but it’s filled with incredible recipes and enticing pictures, too. The anecdotes and witty comments peppered throughout made me smile and laugh out loud. Often.
If you’ve never read one of Morgan’s cookbooks, you are in for a real treat. His humorous quips in the narrative grab the reader leaving you both delighted and entertained. I love this quote from the book and I think it sums it all up. “Bacon tastes better than skinny feels.” Well said Morgan, I completely concur.
Take your love of baked potatoes and move it from the side dish spread to the appetizer buffet. Serve with waffle fries baked extra crispy for dippers.
Bourbon and Bacon by Morgan Murphy
- 2 [2.1] oz package bacon, cooked and crumbled [approximately ¼ lb]
- 1  oz sour cream
- 2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup slices fresh chives
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- Garnishes: crumbled bacon, chives, black pepper
- waffle fries for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives and hot sauce.
- Reserve some bacon and chives for garnishing.
- Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish as desired and serve with crispy warm waffle fries for dipping.