This indulgent Loaded Baked Potato Dip is perfection dipped with roasted potato wedges or waffle fires. Serve it as an appetizer for game day or holiday snacking.
Easy Loaded Baked Potato Dip Recipe
Snacks and finger foods are always in order. Whether it's a casual event or a high brow holiday party, appetizers warm-up the crowd and keep people happily munching the entire time. This recipe for loaded baked potato dip is from Morgan Murphy's new cookbook called Bourbon and Bacon. It was sent to me to review, and I thoroughly enjoyed the recipes and humor all in one place. In his latest book, Morgan writes about two of the South's favorite obsessions. That's right, bourbon and bacon. In it, he includes 140 mouthwatering recipes using one or both as ingredients. This book is not only informative but it's filled with incredible recipes and enticing pictures, too. The anecdotes and witty comments peppered throughout made me smile and laugh out loud. Often.
How to Make the Best Loaded Baked Potato Dip Recipe
Take your love of baked potatoes and move it from the side dish spread to the appetizer buffet. Serve this dip with waffle fries baked extra crispy for dippers.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Loaded Baked Potato Dip: Cooked and crumbled bacon, sour cream, garlic salt, onion powder, hot sauce, fresh chives or green onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cooked waffle fries for serving.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A skillet to cook the bacon, a sharp knife and cutting board, a whisk, a cheese grater and a sheet pan to make the waffle fries.
- This dip can be made and chilled in the refrigerator up to one day in advance. Garnish the top with reserved bacon and chives just before serving with warm waffle fries.
- You could serve this dip with Crispy Baked Potato Wedges or Roasted Honey Chipotle Sweet Potato Wedges in place of waffle fries. You could also dip regular french fries in this dip or potato chips, it's your call.
- Keep leftover Loaded Baked Potato Dip thoroughly chilled in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Southern Style Baked Potato Recipes to Make
Baked potatoes are perfectly delicious all on their own as the complementary side dish. There are ways of incorporating them into other recipes that you may like to try. A few mentions:
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup will warm you up from the inside out.
- Baked Potato Nachos double as an appetizer or side dish.
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach, Bacon and Eggs are an impressive brunch dish.
- For the air fryer fans Air Fryer Baked Potatoes.
- Baked Potato Bites from Diethood.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclaimer A copy of Bourbon and Bacon was sent to me for review purposes only. I wasn't compensated for this post.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 1 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup slices fresh chives
- ¼ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- Garnishes: crumbled bacon chives, black pepper
- waffle fries for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, garlic salt, onion powder and hot sauce. Add cheese, chives and bacon. Mix well. (Reserve some bacon and chives for garnishing.)
- Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish with reserved bacon and chives and serve with warm waffle fries for dipping.